Chicago Public Media
Chicago Public Media is a not-for-profit media company that operates as the primary National Public Radio member organization for Chicago. It owns 3 non-commercial educational FM broadcast stations and 1 FM translator, and produces the programs Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! for NPR stations, This American Life for PRI, and Sound Opinions for PRX. CPM is based at Navy Pier in Chicago.
The organization was started to take over the operation of 91.5 WBEZ from the Chicago Board of Education in 1990. Until April 2010, the company's legal name was The WBEZ Alliance, Inc. and it used the name Chicago Public Radio for its primary radio station and corporate identity.
- 91.5 WBEZ is Chicago's main public radio station. CPM and WBEZ were both known as "Chicago Public Radio" in the past. It is rebroadcast by 90.7 WBEQ at Morris, Illinois and 91.3 W217BM at Elgin, Illinois.
- 89.5 WBEW at Chesterton, Indiana is the radio station of "Vocalo", a user-created content project in which people send in their own content to be played on 89.5 or across Internet streaming. From 2002 to 2007 it was a rebroadcaster of WBEZ as well.
On June 22 2012, it was announced that CPM had purchased troubled LP WRTE FM from National Museum of Mexican Art. It is pending FCC approval.
- Chicago Amplified — a web-based audio archive of educational events in Chicago
- Off-Air Series — non-broadcast events held around the Chicago area
- Odyssey — a daily talk show from 2001 to 2005
- Sound Opinions — a rock music talk show with news, interviews, commentary, and performances; distributed by Public Radio Exchange; previously on 93.1 WXRT
- This American Life — a radio magazine based around a theme in each episode, and distributed through Public Radio International; the related TV show with the same name for 2 seasons from 2007 to 2009
- Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! — a comedy quiz show co-produced with National Public Radio and distributed through NPR
- Worldview — a daily international-affairs program
- Third Coast International Audio Festival — formerly part of CPR; its program Re:sound still airs on WBEZ
- "History". Chicago Public Media. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- Chicago Public Media — official website