Chichester railway station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 15 March 1847|
|1957-1958||station extensively rebuilt|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Chichester from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
The station is located on the West Coastway Line which runs between Brighton and Southampton. The station and the majority of trains serving it are operated by Southern. The only other operator is First Great Western.
- Ticket office (three windows)
- Two platforms
- Automatic ticket gates
- Sheltered seating
- Vending machines
- Taxi rank
- Car park
- Chichester bus depot and bus station opposite station, with buses serving all of Sussex by Stagecoach South and National Express
Typical off-peak weekday services are:
- xx:05 - Semi-Fast Service to Southampton Central from London Victoria.
- xx:11 - Fast Service to London Victoria via Horsham from Southampton Central.
- xx:14 - Stopping Service to Portsmouth and Southsea from Littlehampton.
- xx:22 - Fast Service to Southampton Central from Brighton.
- xx:30 - Semi-Fast Service to Brighton from Southampton Central.
- xx:35 - Fast Service to Portsmouth Harbour from London Victoria.
- xx:37 - Stopping Service to Littlehampton from Portsmouth and Southsea.
- xx:41 - Fast Service to London Victoria from Portsmouth Harbour
- xx:53 - Fast Service to Portsmouth Harbour from Brighton
- xx:56 - Stopping Service to Brighton from Portsmouth Harbour.
In addition to the standard off-peak services, there are occasional trains to Great Malvern, Cardiff or Worcester, operated by First Great Western.
There used to be branch lines north to Midhurst and an additional three platforms.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Barnham||First Great Western
|Terminus||West Sussex Railway||Selsey|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chichester railway station.|