|Birth name||Charles Dean Fout|
November 26, 1957 |
|Show||The Bob & Tom Show|
Charles "Chuck" Dean Hayes (born Charles Dean Fout) (stage name: Chick McGee) is a radio personality who appears on The Bob & Tom Show. The name "Chick McGee" is a pseudonym connected with the Jack McGee character on The Incredible Hulk.
McGee graduated from London High School in 1976. McGee briefly "visited" The Ohio State University and graduated from an independent broadcast school in June 1976. In 2014 he was inducted in the inaugural class of the Fine Arts Hall of Fame of the London City Schools.
He began his career at a small, 1,000-watt radio station in West Virginia and held various on-air positions at stations in West Virginia and Ohio. Prior to joining the Bob and Tom Show he went by the name Chuck Michaelz. On April 1, 1986, Chick joined The Bob & Tom Show. In January 1995, Chick left The Bob and Tom Show to become co-host of a show called Kevin & McGee at KGB-FM in San Diego, California. After six months in San Diego, McGee returned in July 1995 to his former job on The Bob & Tom Show.
The Bob and Tom Show
Off the Air Podcast
McGee started podcasting on July 24, 2012. It is regularly hosted by Chick, his (former) girlfriend Jessica Hooker. The podcast is an insightful look into his off air personality. Chick talks about Fat Kid Weekends with his girlfriend Jess, Anger Sweats, who he would never allow on his podcast, and great off air radio stories. He also offers a convenient "Cuss Count" with each episode. It was revealed in a very personal podcast with Dr. Will Miller that Chick and Jess were no longer romantically involved. While they are separated, the two both expressed hope to salvage the relationship in the future. In subsequent podcasts, both Chick and Jess expressed that they were more proud of the podcast with Dr. Will than any single piece of work in their careers.
- Gates, Jeff (March 2012). "Roasted Chick(en)". The Madison Press. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Charles D Fout, "United States Public Records Index"". FamilySearch.com. 2009. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Charles Hayes (Fout) on Classmates.com". Classmates.com. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Gates, Jeff (February 2012). "Homecoming show for comedian McGee". The Madison Press. Archived from the original on 18 May 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Ohio, Birth Index, 1908-1964 about Charles D Fout". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Detention: Episode 302: Chick McGee & Jess Hooker". 3 December 2013. pp. 43:51 into podcast. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Gates, Jeff (26 May 2014). "London schools induct first Fine Arts Hall of Famers". The Madison Press. Archived from the original on 3 December 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "London City Schools Music Department - London Ohio - Hall of Fame". London City Schools. Archived from the original on 3 December 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Sanders, Will E. (9 September 2013). "Noted radio personality, comedian coming to Covington". Piqua Daily Call. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- Bonfiglio, Jeremy D. (29 February 2008). "'Reaction' is the name of McGee's game". South Bend Tribune. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Richards, Dave (9 April 2014). "'Bob & Tom Comedy Tour' plays Erie on Friday". Erie-Times News. Archived from the original on 3 December 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Worst First Podcast EVER". ChickMcGee.com. July 24, 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Chick McGee and Friends comedy tour website
- Chick McGee Twitter
- Chick McGee Instagram
- Bob and Tom Official Website
- Chick McGee at IMDB