4 May 1951
Charles "Chick" Young (4 May 1951) is a professional association football pundit, who regularly appears for BBC Scotland on Sportscene and Sportsound. He is known for his trademark laugh and speech patterns, which have made him a popular target for lampooning on the BBC Scotland sports comedy Only an Excuse?.
Young has become a prominent football commentator with the BBC. He started hosting episodes of Sportsound in October 2009, working two to three episodes a month. In addition, he regularly writes his own view on Scottish football matches and players in his online column with the BBC, titled, "Chick Young's View".
In 2008, he was injured in a game between MSPs in Glasgow. He was tackled and his ankle was badly hurt, forcing him to miss a charity golf event the following day.
Young was married to but separated from Sally Carr, lead singer of 1970s band Middle of the Road although Carr has not divorced Young and they remain friends; later he lived with June Lake, a former Miss Scotland.
- Presenters: Richard Gordon (30 April 2011). "Sportsound". Sportsound. BBC. BBC Radio Scotland.
- "BBC Radio Scotland - Sportsound: Chick Young's World of Football - Episodes". Bbc.co.uk. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- The Scotsman (Edinburgh). 28 October 2008 http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Disgraceful-foulmouthed--thugs-.4638237.jp. Missing or empty
- "Mg Alba". Mg Alba. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- Deveney, Catherine (3 February 2002). "Father and Sons". Scotsman.com Living. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
|This biographical article related to Scottish television people is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|