Chicopee Memorial State Park
|Chicopee Memorial State Park|
|Massachusetts State Park|
|Area||575 acres (233 ha)|
|Management||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website: Chicopee Memorial State Park|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Chicopee Memorial State Park|
Chicopee Memorial State Park (formerly the Cooley Brook Reservoir and Watershed) is a 575-acre (233 ha) Massachusetts state park located in the Burnett Road neighborhood of the city of Chicopee. The park is located directly southeast of Westover Joint Air Reserve Base, and the base can be seen from some parts of the park. The park is managed by the Department of Conservation and Recreation.
Chicopee State Park is District Headquarters for the Massachusetts Bureau of Forest Fire Control, District 11.
Activities and amenities
- Ponds: The former 25-acre (10 ha) reservoir pond is used for swimming and restricted fishing. Picnic areas, restrooms, and a bathhouse are adjacent.
- Trails: Park trails are used for walking, mountain biking, and cross-country skiing. Some park trails are used as the cross-country course for the city's high schools.
- "Chicopee Memorial State Park". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "Fire Warden List". Massachusetts Bureau of Forest Fire Control. January 2013. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Sypek, Fran (October 20, 2009). "Belchertown's Madison Granger set a cross country course record at Chicopee State Park". The Republican (MassLive LLC). Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Chicopee Memorial State Park Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Park Map Department of Conservation and Recreation