Chignik Lagoon, Alaska
|Chignik Lagoon, Alaska|
Location of Chignik Lagoon, Alaska
|Borough||Lake and Peninsula|
|• Borough mayor||Glen Alsworth, Sr.|
|• Total||13.1 sq mi (33.9 km2)|
|• Land||13.1 sq mi (33.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Time zone||Alaska (AKST) (UTC-9)|
|• Summer (DST)||AKDT (UTC-8)|
Chignik Lagoon is located at (56.307535, -158.535023).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 13.1 square miles (34 km2), all of it land.
In 2009 the Marines of 4th Combat Engineer Battalion, 4th Marine Division, began work on an inter-village road system linking Chignik Lake to Chignik Lagoon. This is the first phase of potentially creating road links between Chignik Lake, Chignik Lake and Chignik.
As of the census of 2000, there were 103 people, 33 households, and 22 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 7.9 people per square mile (3.0/km²). There were 68 housing units at an average density of 5.2/sq mi (2.0/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 11.65% White, 0.97% Black or African American, 81.55% Native American, and 5.83% from two or more races.
There were 33 households out of which 48.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.6% were married couples living together, and 33.3% were non-families. 24.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.12 and the average family size was 3.95.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 31.1% under the age of 18, 16.5% from 18 to 24, 27.2% from 25 to 44, 18.4% from 45 to 64, and 6.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 26 years. For every 100 females there were 134.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 184.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $92,297, and the median income for a family was $99,054. Males had a median income of $33,750 versus $38,750 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $28,941. There were no families and 1.8% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- "Community: Lake and Peninsula Borough". Community Database Online. Juneau: Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development, Division of Community and Regional Affairs. 2013. Retrieved May 29, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Sgt. Johnson, Luke (2009). "Marines Build a Road to Somewhere" Retrieved 2010-06-17
- "Chignik Lagoon Village Council Road Project" Retrieved 2010-06-17
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.