Children's Illustrated Encyclopedia
The Children's Illustrated Encyclopedia is an encyclopedia marketed for use by children ages 7-17. The single-volume work emphasizes visuals like illustrations, photographs, maps, and timelines over breadth of coverage, and entries are supplemented by an official website and URLs to third party resources. It is in its seventh edition, published since 2010 by Dorling Kindersley. It was shortlisted for a 2001 Blue Peter Book Award in the "Best Book of Knowledge" category.
- "Review: DK Children’s Illustrated Encyclopedia". Booklist. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Thebridge, Stella (2011). Reference Reviews 25 (3). Missing or empty
- Carcich, Mary Ann; Grabarek, Daryl; Minkel, Walter (February 2001). "Children's Illustrated Encyclopedia (Book Review)". School Library Journal 47 (2): 78.
- Bennett, Kathy (December 1998). "DK Children's Illustrated Encyclopedia [book review]". BookPage.
- Auerbach, Barbara (August 2010). School Library Journal 56 (8): 68. Missing or empty
- "Dorling Kindersley children's illustrated encyclopedia". WorldCat. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
|This article about an encyclopedia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|