|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Labels||Universal, Dine Alone|
Children Collide is an Australian indie rock band from Melbourne, Australia. The band consists of bassist Heath Crawley, and vocalist/guitarist Johnny Mackay, drummer Ryan Caesar quit the band in February 2012. Their debut album, The Long Now was released on 11 October 2008 and was produced by David Sardy.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2011)|
The trio appeared at Triple J's One Night Stand 2009 held in Sale, Victoria, Australia, alongside Hilltop Hoods, Eskimo Joe, and The Butterfly Effect. Their song "Social Currency" was the theme song for the Nine Network's Friday Night Football coverage of the NRL.
Children Collide appeared at the second annual Coaster Music Festival on 12 September 2009, at Gosford Showground on the NSW Central Coast. They appeared alongside Eskimo Joe, Bliss N Eso, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Van She, and British India.
Theory of Everything was voted Triple J listeners 18th favorite album of 2010.
The Long Now came 90 in the Triple J Hottest 100 Australian Albums of All Time.
On 10 October the band announced via Facebook that they had started recording their third album. Children Collide later announced that the album was mixed and finished on the 16th of December.
- The Long Now (2008) - AUS No. 70
- Theory of Everything (2010) - AUS No. 5
- Monument (2012) - AUS No. 16
- "Social Currency" (2008) AUS No. 90
- "Skeleton Dance" (2008)
- "Farewell Rocketship" (2009)
- "Chosen Armies" (2009)
- "Jellylegs" (2010) AUS No. 72
- "My Eagle" (2010) AUS No. 85
- "Arrows" (2011)
- "Loveless" (2011)
- "Sword to a Gun Fight" (2012)
- "Cherries" (2012)
- "Praying For Sunshine" (2012)
- "My Heart Came Alive" (2013)
- We Three, Brave and True (2005)
- Glass Mountain Liars (2006)
- Farewell Rocketship (2009)
- Australian Recording Industry Association http://www.australian-charts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Children+Collide
|This article on an Australian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|