Chileka International Airport
|Chileka International Airport|
|IATA: BLZ – ICAO: FWCL|
|Elevation AMSL||2,555 ft / 779 m|
Chileka International Airport (IATA: BLZ, ICAO: FWCL) is an airport located nine miles (16 km) from Blantyre, the second largest city in the Republic of Malawi and the commercial Capital of Malawi's Southern Region.
The airport resides at an elevation of 2,555 feet (779 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 10/28 measures 2,325 by 30 metres (7,628 ft × 98 ft) and 15/33 measures 1,372 m × 30 m (4,501 ft × 98 ft). The airport underwent some major improvements to the terminals, extension of the runways have been suspended due to lack of space & funds.
Airlines and destinations
|Ethiopian Airlines||Addis Ababa|
|Kenya Airways||Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta|
|Malawian Airlines||Beira, Harare, Johannesburg-OR Tambo, Lilongwe, Lusaka, Maputo, Nampula, Tete |
|South African Airways||Johannesburg-OR Tambo|
- Airport information for FWCL from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for BLZ at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Malawian Airlines begin serive to Nampula
- Malawi Airlines begin operations from January 2014.
- Media related to Chileka International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Current weather for FWCL at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for BLZ at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in Malawi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|