Chiltern Shakespeare Company
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (November 2010)|
The Chiltern Shakespeare Company is a Shakespearean theatre company founded in 1989 that produces Shakespearean plays annually in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire. Recent productions include Much Ado about Nothing, Twelfth Night, A Midsummer Night's Dream, As You Like It, The Taming of the Shrew, The Merchant of Venice and The Merry Wives of Windsor.
The company was founded by Michael Wiseman in order to produce the plays in traditional settings, both open air and with respect to costumes and sets. The participating actors are amateur performers from the Chilterns and Thames Valley areas.
The Open Air Theatre (set up specifically every summer) is a 450+ seat covered auditorium that offers a full view of the stage and includes special facilities for the disabled and hard of hearing. Facilities include parking space close to the auditorium, and food and refreshments are available at the bar in the main marquee.
Many visitors have picnics in the surrounding parkland.
The production for 2014 will be announced in December 2013 and once again will be staged in the grounds of Hall Barn, Beaconsfield.
Performance dates will be in June 2014.
Auditions are held annually in late January/early February with rehearsals running from March through to performances.
- 2013 - The Merchant of Venice
- 2012 - Macbeth
- 2011 - The Winter's Tale
- 2010 - Twelfth Night
- 2009 - Romeo And Juliet
- 2008 - A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 2007 - All's Well That Ends Well
- 2006 - The Tempest
- 2005 - Taming of the Shrew
- 2004 - The Merry Wives of Windsor
- 2003 - As You Like It
- 2002 - Love's Labour's Lost
- 2001 - The Comedy Of Errors
- 2000 - Much Ado About Nothing
- 1999 - Twelfth Night
- 1998 - Romeo And Juliet
- 1998 - Love on a Summer Evening
- 1997 - A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 1996 - The Merchant of Venice
- 1996 - Arms and the Man by George Bernard Shaw
- 1995 - The Taming of the Shrew
- 1995 - The Hollow Crown devised by John Barton
- 1994 - The Winter's Tale
- 1993 - As You Like It
- 1992 - The Merry Wives of Windsor
- 1992 - A Christmas Carol
- 1991 - Twelfth Night
- 1990 - Much Ado About Nothing
- 1989 - A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 1988 - Macbeth
- 1987 - Women in Shakespeare
- 1986 - As You Like It