St. Mary's parish church
Chilton Foliat shown within Wiltshire
|Population||394 (2001 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Civil parish||Chilton Foliat|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
|Website||Welcome to www.chiltonfoliat.com|
Chilton Foliat is a village and civil parish on the River Kennet in Wiltshire. The parish is in the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is on the county boundary with West Berkshire and is about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) northwest of the Berkshire market town of Hungerford.
- "Area selected: Kennet (Non-Metropolitan District)". Neighbourhood Statistics: Full Dataset View. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 13 June 2010.
- Crowley, 1999, pages 88-109
- Pevsner & Cherry, 1975, page166
- Daily Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/royalty/3130496/Memorial-service-for-Prince-Harrys-godfather-Gerald-Ward.html?image=6
- The Wheatsheaf at Chilton Foliat
- Chilton Foliat CE VA Primary School
- Leapman, Michael (20 September 2005). "Harry Dodson, gardener on 'the Victorian Kitchen Garden'". The Independent (London).
- Crowley, D.A. (ed.); Baggs, A.P.; Freeman, Jane; Smith, C.; Stevenson, Janet H.; Williamson, E. (1999). A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 16: Kinwardstone hundred. Victoria County History. pp. 88–109.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus; Cherry, Bridget (revision) (1975). Wiltshire. The Buildings of England. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. pp. 166–167. ISBN 0 14 0710.26 4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chilton Foliat.|
- Wiltshire County Council Website page on Chilton Foliat, retrieved 21:00 Oct 12, 2004 (UTC)