|Born||30 October 1982|
Badi was born in Melun in the Paris suburbs to a family of Algerian origin. She spent her entire childhood in the south-west of France. She grew up in Villeneuve-sur-Lot with her parents, Chérifa and Mohammed, her sister, Déborah, and her brother, Karim. Her sister Déborah encouraged her to persevere with her singing and Chimène went on to hone her vocal style still further, performing at family parties and regional song contests from the age of six.
Badi also made her mark at her school's end-of-year shows, wowing the audience with her confident vocal performance. Teachers barely recognised her since, when she was off stage, Badi was a notoriously shy pupil, given to daydreaming and complexes about her appearance. Meanwhile, she plugged away at her studies, going on to obtain a "BEP" in agribusiness.
Badi did not win the French reality TV show, Popstars, but she released her first single "Entre Nous" in 2003, which reached number 1 in the French charts. An album of the same name reached number 4 in domestic charts, and became the fifth best selling French album of 2003.
Badi's follow-up albums and singles enjoyed moderate success in Francophone Europe, including Wallonia and Switzerland. She also provided the French language theme song to the film The Day After Tomorrow – "Le Jour d'après" (The Day After).
|Year||Album||Peak Position||French Sales|
|2003||Entre nous||4||—||35||10||625 000|
|2004||Dis-moi que tu m'aimes||1||—||2||35||1 200 000|
|2006||Live à l'Olympia||2||—||3||30||180 000|
|Le miroir||3||1||8||34||330 000|
|2010||Laisse-les dire||4||2||3||34||110 000|
|2011||Gospel & Soul||7||7||4||42||250 000|
1 French Digital Charts
|"Je vais te chercher"||16||—||36||43|
|"Si j'avais su t'aimer"||21||—||—||69|
|2004||"Le jour d'après"||7||—||6||24||
|"Je ne sais pas son nom"||12||—||13||—|
|2005||"Je viens du sud"||2||—||2||27|
|"Dis-moi que tu m'aimes"||23||—||30||50|
|2010||"Laisse-les dire"||—||—||—||—||Laisse-les dire|
|"Plus de devoirs que de droits"||—||—||—||—|
|"D'une fille à sa mère"||—||—||—||—|
|2011||"Ma liberté"||168||—||—||—||Gospel & Soul|
|"Parlez-moi de lui"||85||—||42||—|
|"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (with Billy Paul)||—||—||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that country.|
1 French Digital Charts
-  RFI Musique Biography
- "Chimène Badi in the French Albums Chart". lescharts.com. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Chimène Badi in the Belgian Albums Chart". ultratop.be. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Chimène Badi in the Swiss Albums Chart". hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Chimène Badi in the French Singles Chart". lescharts.com. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- "Chimène Badi in the Belgian Singles Chart". ultratop.be. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- "Chimène Badi in the Swiss Singles Chart". hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- Official site at Universal Music France (in French)
- Biography at Radio France Internationale (in English)
- Chimène Badi at the Internet Movie Database