China Civil Engineering Construction
|Parent||China Railway Construction Corporation|
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) was established in 1979 according to the approval of the State Council of the People's Republic of China.
It performs international contracting and economic cooperation, CCECC has been developed from the earlier Foreign Aid Department of the Ministry of Railways (with the experience of executing the biggest foreign-aid project of China, the TAZARA) into a large-scale state-owned enterprise for project contracting.
Its business scope expands from international contracting for railway construction to civil engineering design & consultancy, real estate development, trading, industrial investment and hotel management as well. The business activities of CCECC have expanded to over 40 countries and regions where more than 20 overseas offices or subsidiaries have been established. With its excellent performance and high quality in services, CCECC has been listed among the world's top 255 international contractors for many years and ranked consecutively among the first 70 in recent years by the Engineering News Record "ENR".
- China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation was founded on June 1, 1979 upon the approval by the State Council of China.
- After approval by the State Economic and Trade Commission and the Ministry of Railways, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation was reformed into Group on December 26, 1996, With the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation as the core enterprise, and simultaneously changed its name into Group (here is after called CCECC).
- CCECC completed the disconnection with the Ministry of Railway on September 2000, and meanwhile was attached to the Industry Commission of Central Enterprise of the China Communist Party Central Committee.
- At the beginning of 2003, CCECC was, along with other 195 central enterprise, under the direct leadership of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council.
- CCECC underwent strategic reform with the China Railway Construction Corporation in the form of mergence on September 2003 based one the spirit of the document “The Written Replay on the reform of the China Railway Construction Corporation and the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation(document No.: SA Reform  No. 153)” issued by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council.
- CCECC, at present, is the member of the China Chamber of International Commerce, the Vice Chairmen level unit of the China International Contractors Association and the Director of the China International Engineering Consulting Association.
- China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation - about us, www.ccecc.com.cn via web.archive.org, archived from the original on 10 May 2008, former website
- 中国土木工程集团有限公司, ccecc.crcc.cn (in Chinese), current website