China National Tourism Administration
Guójiā lǚyóu Jú
|Jurisdiction||People's Republic of China|
|Agency executive||Shao Qiwei, Chairman|
|Parent agency||State Council|
The China National Tourism Administration (CNTA; simplified Chinese: 国家旅游局; traditional Chinese: 國家旅游局; pinyin: Guójiā lǚyóu Jú) is the Chinese government authority responsible for the development of tourism in the country. The CNTA is subordinate to the State Council. Its headquarters are in Beijing, with regional branches in various provinces.
CNTA does not have the authority of a full department within the Chinese government to enforce regulations, but in other respects it acts as a ministry. Provincial CNTA offices in each Chinese province report to the central office in Beijing. CNTA has eighteen overseas offices called CNTO (China National Tourism Offices) that are charged with promoting tourism to China. In Europe, there are CNTO offices in London and Paris.
CNTA is unique as a tourism office in that it is also responsible for controlling the outflow of tourists from China abroad.
The agency is organized into the following areas.
- Office (Comprehensive Coordination Department)
- Department of Policy and Legal Affairs
- Department of Tourism Promotion and International Liaison
- Department of Planning
- Development and Finance
- Department of Quality Standardization and Administration
- Department of Affairs on Tourism of Hong Kong
- Macao & Taiwan, Department of Personnel
- Party Committee, Office of Retired Cadres
Directly administered agencies
- Service Center of CNTA
- Information Center of CNTA
- China Tourism Association, formerly known as the China National Tourism Institute
- China Tourism News Office
- China Travel and Tourism Press
- China Tourism Management Institute
- China Association of Travel Services
- China Tourist Hotels Association
- China Tourism Automobile and Cruise Association and China Association of Tourism Journals
Tourist Attraction Rating Categories
The organisation administers the five Tourist Attraction Rating Categories, ranging from A (lowest) to AAAAA (highest).
- China Travel Service
- Tourism in China
- Tourism-related institutions in China
- iperu, tourist information and assistance
- Visitor center
|This article about an organization in China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|