China Open (snooker)
|Venue||Beijing University Students' Gymnasium|
|Organisation(s)||World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association|
|Total prize fund||£478,000|
|Current champion(s)||Ding Junhui|
The first international snooker tournament in China was the China International in September 1997, a non-ranking tournament for the top 16 players and local players. The following season the tournament became ranking and was held in March. Then the name of the event was changed to China Open and was held in December, so there were two events in 1999. After the 2001 tournament the event was abandoned.
The event was revived for the 2004/05 season. Local wild-card players were invited to play against the qualifiers. The three Chinese players on the tour were invited to play as wild-cards, rather than qualify the usual way. Ding Junhui was one of them, and he won the tournament, but as he entered as a wild-card, he didn't get the prize money nor ranking points.
The tournament currently takes place at the Beijing University Students' Gymnasium, Haidian District, Beijing in late March and early April, and it is the last ranking event before the World Championship.
|China International (non-ranking)|
|1997||Steve Davis||Jimmy White||7–4||1997/98|
|China International (ranking)|
|1999||John Higgins||Billy Snaddon||9–3||1998/99|
|China Open (ranking)|
|1999||Ronnie O'Sullivan||Stephen Lee||9–2||1999/00|
|2000||Ronnie O'Sullivan||Mark Williams||9–3||2000/01|
|2002||Mark Williams||Anthony Hamilton||9–8||2001/02|
|2005||Ding Junhui||Stephen Hendry||9–5||2004/05|
|2006||Mark Williams||John Higgins||9–8||2005/06|
|2007||Graeme Dott||Jamie Cope||9–5||2006/07|
|2008||Stephen Maguire||Shaun Murphy||10–9||2007/08|
|2009||Peter Ebdon||John Higgins||10–8||2008/09|
|2010||Mark Williams||Ding Junhui||10–6||2009/10|
|2011||Judd Trump||Mark Selby||10–8||2010/11|
|2012||Peter Ebdon||Stephen Maguire||10–9||2011/12|
|2013||Neil Robertson||Mark Selby||10–6||2012/13|
|2014||Ding Junhui||Neil Robertson||10–5||2013/14|
- "Prize Money Breakdowns 2013/14". worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. 1 May 2013. Archived from the original on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- Turner, Chris. "China International, China Open, Shanghai Masters, Jiangsu/Wuxi Classic". cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. Chris Turner's Snooker Archive. Archived from the original on 16 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- "Hall of Fame". Snooker.org. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "China Open scores and schedule". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Bank of Beijing China Open (2013)". Snooker.org. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "China Open (2014)". Snooker.org. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "China Open (2015)". Snooker.org. Retrieved 16 May 2014.