China Pabst Blue Ribbon
|Location||Zhaoqing, Guangdong China|
China Pabst Blue Ribbon (Chinese: 蓝带啤酒; pinyin: Lán dài píjiǔ) is a brand of beer sold in China. It is produced, marketed and distributed by CBR Brewing Company, which is a Virgin Islands-owned holding company located in Hong Kong. It jointly owns the brand and breweries along with Guangdong Blue Ribbon Group under a sub-licensing agreement with the Pabst Brewing Company. The Chinese version of the Pabst and the partnership started in 1987 or 1990, there are conflicting reports on the dates.  
China Pabst beer was first produced in China under the Pabst trademark in Zhaoqing Brewery located in Zhaoqing, Guangdong. The brewery itself is located in the suburbs between the streets of Ban Yue road, Kangle North road and Cui Xing road. Its exact geolocation is labeled as Blueribbon beer on the Google map of Zhaoqing. The beer is now produced in three other breweries in other parts of China as well and it is uncertain as to whether the Zhaoqing brewery remains the main location for brewing. The cooperation between the two sides started with Pabst selling three previously mothballed breweries to their future partners in China.
As of 1999, the Zhaoqing brewery offered free tours of the inside of the brewery including the bottling area, brewery outside grounds and the actual beer making facilities. The brewery also offered beer tastings at that time.
- Bloomberg Businessweek, Company Overview of CBR Brewing Company Inc.
- Sittig, marshall (1995). Guide to China Business Contacts: Companies, Places, and Markets.
- Hoover's Masterlist of Major U.S. Companies 1998-1999. 1998.
- Miller, Russell (2000). Doing Business in Newly Privatized Markets: Global Opportunities and Challenges.
- Barbara Kiviat, In China, Pabst Blue Ribbon is Pure Gold, Time, 28 July 2010.
- See the following references for ownership arrangements, structure, subsidiaries, licensing agreements, partnerships, affiliates, holding companies and offshore entities associated with China Pabst Blue Ribbon.
- For a brief review of CBR Brewing Company, see Company Overview of CBR Brewing Company Inc.