China Power Investment Corporation
|Headquarters||Beijing, People's Republic of China|
|Area served||People's Republic of China|
|Key people||General Manager: Mr. Lu Qizhou|
|Subsidiaries||China Power International Development Limited
China Power New Energy Development Company Limited
China Hong Kong Power Development Company Limited
Huanghe Hydropower Development Company Limited
China Power Investment Corporation (CPI Group, Chinese: 中电投) is one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China. It is administrated by the SASAC for the State Council of the People's Republic of China. It is engaged in development, investment, construction, operation, and management of power plants and power generation in twenty-seven Chinese provinces. It supplies approximately ten percent of the country's electricity.
- China Power International Development Limited (SEHK 2380), listed in Hong Kong is CPI Group's major subsidiary with many power stations in China. The company had total assets of 284.2 billion yuan ($41.55 billion) at the end of 2008 and is consolidating its regional assets.
- China Power New Energy Development Company Limited (SEHK 0735) - a wind power company.
- China Hong Kong Power Development Company Limited - applied in July 2006 to lay power cables in Hong Kong. CPI Holdings had set up a 50% joint-venture company which planned to supply electricity to Hong Kong.
- Huanghe Hydropower Development Company Limited.
The CPI in conjunction with the Burmese government is constructing the Myitsone Dam, a large dam that when completed by 2017 is estimated to produce 3,600 to 6,000 megawatts of electricity for the Yunnan province.
- Li Weitao (2009-03-07). "China Power Investment Corp plans to list all its assets". chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- CPI Overview
- CPI Business
- Libre, Ryan (02-01-2010). "Proposed dam to flood Burma, while powering China". Minn Post. Myitkyina, Burma: MinnPost.com. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- Official website
- China Power Investment Corporation Credit Profile Report
- China Power Investment Corporation - Strategic Analysis Review