China Shipping Container Lines
|Industry||Shipping and Logistics|
|Headquarters||Shanghai, People's Republic of China|
|Key people||Chairman: Mr. Li Shaode|
|Parent||China Shipping Group|
|Website||China Shipping Container Lines|
CSCL, established in 1997, provides fully containerized marine and intermodal freight transport, storage, and electronic data interchange services worldwide. The company has grown rapidly: it is now[when?] the eighth largest container shipping company having recently acquired a minority interest in Asia Pacific Marine Container Lines of Canada. Its fleet comprises over 150 vessels, and a total operating capacity of 600,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU). As of 2013, the container shipping market is still characterized by overcapacity, and decreasing prices for new ships. CSCL and United Arab Shipping Company cooperate on the Asia-Europe-Asia line, and has each ordered 5 ships bigger than the Maersk Triple E class. Delivery is to begin in 2014 from Hyundai Heavy Industries. As of 2014, CSCL and UASC entered a new partnership - dubbed the Ocean Three alliance - alongside the French CMA CGM.
The company calls on ports across the world, and more than 30 ports from South China to North China in its domestic coastal business. It also operates container yards and trucks, international cargo agencies and terminal facilities in many countries. North America freight services include refrigerated cargo carriage in the line's own reefer container fleet, as well as other specialized cargo container services.
CSCL Manzanillo in Port Angeles, USA
- "Company Profile". CSCL. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "UASC places US$1.4B boxship contract" World Cargo News, 30 August 2013. Accessed: 1 September 2013.
- "Vessel ordering mania – why?" Container Insight Weekly, 30 June 2013. Accessed: 1 September 2013.
- "Shipping Industry Consolidation Set to Continue, Says CMA CGM Executive" Wall Street Journal, 3 December 2014. Accessed: 12 December 2014.
- Official website (English)
- China Shipping North America Agency website
- China Shipping Turkey Agency website