Chinawhite is a high profile nightclub in central London. It is a regular celebrity haunt. The old club was located on 6 Air Street near Regent Street between Piccadilly Circus and Soho, but the club closed in December 2008 due to the building being sold, and re-opened on 20 October 2009 at 4 Winsley Street, in Fitzrovia, London
Old Soho club
The old Chinawhite venue near Piccadilly Circus became a well known club attended by Premier League footballers, Page 3 girls and young people in the entertainment industry. Virgin London noted that it was "notoriously tough to get into" unless you were a member or celebrity,  and another publication stated that "you may have to sell your organs to get into this celebrity pick-up joint with lightly trashy overtones".Kate Moss, Jemma Kidd, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mick Hucknall, Jude Law, Katie Price (Jordan), Liberty X, and Lily Allen were names well connected with the club.
The old club in Soho had a number of "suites" with soft, bed-like lounging areas. including a "VIP suite" which gained notoriety in the British press over the years. The Unofficial Guide to London described the club as "highly artistic and colorful", and noted the "oriental styles and Chinese daybeds mixed with theatrical flair [and] unique lighting and cushions everywhere". The suites were noted for their lavish furnishings and were known to be very expensive. Exclusive membership was often priced at £700 for a year. Over the years numerous music acts performed at the venue.
In 2009 Chinawhite undertook an extensive 16 week refurbishment project which was completed by Phelan Construction Ltd the same year. The new club in Fitzrovia features a restaurant and Temple Bar. Blueprint stated in 2010 soon after the reopening that the "new Chinawhite has immediately regained its status as London's most elite nightclub".
In March 2013, Chinawhite launched the new main room concept 'Libertine', which was a collaboration with nightclub entrepreneur Hootan Ahmadi. The redesigned Winsley Street site also features a clandestine, multisensory cocktail lounge called 'Reason & Mankind'.
In September 2014, it as reported in Business and Leadership and the Belfast Telegraph that Chinawhite is to open a club in Belfast, and would employ 60 people at the new venue. The club is to locate in the city's Linen Quarter.
- Gervat, Claire; Gavin, Francesca (2006). Night + Day London. ASDavis Media Group. p. 238. ISBN 978-0-9766013-7-1.
- Reade, Brian (14 January 2011). 44 Years With The Same Bird: A Liverpudlian Love Affair. Pan Macmillan. p. 238. ISBN 978-0-330-54042-1.
- Williams, Andy (1 August 2011). Robin Van Persie: The Biography. John Blake Publishing, Limited. p. 106. ISBN 978-1-84358-836-8.
- The, Globe Pequot Press,; Publishing, Virgin (1 April 2001). Virgin London. Globe Pequot Press. ISBN 978-0-7627-0962-5.
- Gervat, Claire; Gavin, Francesca (2006). Night + Day London. ASDavis Media Group. p. 75. ISBN 978-0-9766013-7-1.
- Clare, Richard de (1 September 2002). Night Out in London. Niche Publications. p. 108. ISBN 978-0-9532299-0-1.
- "Lindsay Lohan enjoys a champagne night out with Lily Allen and girlfriend Sam in £300,000 limousine". The Daily Mail. November 14, 2008. Retrieved July 4, 2009.
- "Chinawhite". Londontown.com. Retrieved July 4, 2009.
- "Chelsea stars celebrate victory with Jenna Jameson". The Spoiler. Retrieved July 4, 2009.
- Logan, Lesley (10 January 2008). The Unofficial Guide to London. John Wiley & Sons. p. 373. ISBN 978-0-470-13829-8.
- "Chinawhite". Phelans.co.uk. Retrieved February 2, 2010.
- Fullman, Joe (18 November 2011). Frommer's London Day By Day. John Wiley & Sons. p. 122. ISBN 978-1-119-97265-5.
- London Green Guide Michelin 2012-2013. Michelin. 2012. p. 493. ISBN 978-2-06-718238-7.
- Blueprint. Wordsearch Limited. 2010.
- "Libertine: Chinawhite Reinvented". The Handbook. March 7, 2013.
- "Famous nightclub Chinawhite to open in Belfast". Business & Leadership. September 18, 2014.
- "Nightclub brings 60 new jobs". [Belfast Telegraph]. September 18, 2014.