Chino High School
|Parts of this article (those related to Statistics) are outdated. (October 2012)|
|Chino High School|
|5472 Park Place
Chino, California, 91710
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Chino Valley Unified School District|
|Asst. Principal||John Miller, Kimberly Cabrera, Patricia Custodio|
|Rivals||Don Antonio Lugo High School|
|Test average||API 653 in 2008|
Chino High School (CHS), located in Chino, California is one of the four regular high schools in the Chino Valley Unified School District. The school was established in 1897, making it one of the oldest schools in Southern California. Chino High moved from its original location in 1951 to its present location on Park Place and Tenth Street.
In 2007, the rate of passing the English-Language Arts section of the California High School Exit Exam for sophomores was 76% and the rate of graduating seniors was approximately 70%. Dropout rates continue to stay low at less than 1%. In 2008, Chino High School was recertified by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges for three years.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2014)|
- Sedrick Ellis, defensive tackle for the New Orleans Saints
- Angela Williams, four times 100 meter NCAA champion at USC, world indoor 60 meter champion, current high school 100 meter record holder.
- Geoff Blum, professional baseball player.
- Greg Salas, 2010 NFL draft pick of the St Louis Rams
- Jarron Gilbert, professional football player, defensive end for the Buffalo Bills
- Elita Loresca, Meteorologist for NBC 4 in Los Angeles, voted 9th "Hottest Weather Girl" by FHM Magazine
- "2008 Base API Report - Chino High". California Department of Education. Retrieved 2009-11-18.
- "Chino High History and Alma Mater". Chino Valley Unified School District. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
- "WASC THREE-YEAR TERM REVISIT 2007-2008". Chino Valley Unified School District. Retrieved 2009-09-20.