Chino Rheem at the 2008 World Series of Poker
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Born||April 15, 1980|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
|Information accurate as of 26 May 2013.|
David Y. "Chino" Rheem (born April 15, 1980) is a poker player from Los Angeles, California. In November 2008, Rheem finished in seventh place at the 2008 World Series of Poker Main Event, cashing for $1,772,650. He went out of this event on to Peter Eastgate's with Eastgate flopping a pair of queens on a board of . He is also the winner of the World Poker Tour's Season VII Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic, earning $1,538,730. Rheem had five previous WSOP cashes, his best result being a runner-up finish to Allen Cunningham in a $1,000 no limit Texas hold 'em with rebuys event in 2006. He cashed in the 2005 World Series of Poker Main Event, finishing 193rd place. He also made a final table earlier in 2008, finishing in fifth place in the $5,000 Mixed Hold'em event.
In August 2011, Rheem won the $20,000 buy-in 6-Max No Limit Hold'em tournament at the inaugural Epic Poker League earning $1,000,000. One week later his membership in the league was placed on probation. Admittingly owing several "fellow" poker pros considerable debts, he has since made payments on said debts.
He won the 2013 World Poker Tour Championship event, beating Erick Lindgren heads up, to win $1,150,297.
- Lucchesi, Ryan (2008-11-10). "World Series of Poker -- Final Table Part I". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Geller, Shari (2008-11-08-06). "2008 WSOP 'November Nine' Profile: David 'Chino' Rheem". PokerNews.com. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- Hartness, John (2008-11-08-10). "2008 WSOP Day 8, Main Event Final Table: Demidov, Eastgate to Duel for Bracelet". PokerNews.com. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- Lucchesi, Ryan (2008-12-19). "WPT -- Chino Rheem Wins the Doyle Brunson Classic Championship". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- "David Rheem - results". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- Peters, Donnie (2008-11-08-10). "Chino Rheem Wins Inaugural Epic Poker League Main Event". PokerNews.com. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- Rodriguez, Julio (2011-08-13). "Chino Rheem Wins Inaugural Epic Poker League Main Event". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2011-08-15.champion in WPT 2010 <3
- Holloway, Chad (2011-08-19). "Epic Poker Standards & Conduct Committee Puts Chino Rheem on Probation". PokerNews.com. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Holloway, Chad (2011-08-13). "Fellow Pros Air Chino Rheem's Debts Publicly". PokerNews.com. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- "David Rheem - stats". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2011-08-15.