Chinwag was founded in 1996 by Sam Michel (Internet consultant), and hosts several of the U.K.'s oldest known electronic mailing lists, including uk-netmarketing. These email lists form the center of the community and include contributions from many notable Internet pioneers and commentators including Bill Thompson, Ivan Pope, and Brent Hoberman.
A sister-site Chinwag Jobs was launched based on Chinwag's uknm-jobs e-mail list, an email-based announcement service for jobs within the Internet and digital media industries. Chinwag Jobs is a recruitment website, about which discussions have appeared in New Media Age.
Chinwag also hosts monthly events under the brand Chinwag Live. These events are informal, panel-based sessions focusing on issues affecting the new media industry. Past speakers include Andrew Orlowski of The Register and Neville Hobson. Chinwag is also known for its periodic, large-scale networking evenings.
- Digital Mission to Washington, 11-15 July 2011
- Digital Mission to New York, 1-5 November 2010
- Digital Mission to SXSW interactive, 11-17 March 2010
- Digital Mission to New York, 14–19 September 2009
- Digital Mission to SXSW interactive, 13–17 March 2009
- "Re: UKNM: Streams of Consciousness". 1998-10-12. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "UKNM: Fwd: RE: Do we care to comment?". 1999-06-22. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "UKNM: lastminute.com does delight its customers!". 2000-01-06. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Vicky Grinnell (2001-04-26). "Finding funding you can trust". New Media Age. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Justin Pearse (2001-05-03). "Prepare for the search engines". New Media Age. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Alan Mitchell (2001-05-10). "Viral marketing: kill or cure?". New Media Age. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Michael Nutley (2001-05-17). "Keeping clear of viruses". New Media Age. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "What happens when Web 2.0 meets Bubble 2.0?". Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "PR Unspun". Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Ben Bold (2007-06-11). "Chinwag attracts three sponsors for digital networking event". Brand Republic. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Jemima Kiss (2008-07-09). "Another digital mission to the west...". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|