Chipping is a prefix used in a number of place names in England, probably derived from ceapen, an Old English word meaning 'market', though the meaning may alternatively come from (or via) the Medieval English word chepynge with a more specific meaning of 'long market square'. It was sometimes historically spelled as Chepying.
- Chipping, Lancashire
- Chipping Barnet
- Chipping Campden
- Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
- Chipping Ongar
- Chipping Sodbury
- Chipping Steps, Tetbury
- Chipping Warden
- Chepping Wycombe
Chipping can also refer to:
- Chipping Norton, New South Wales, a suburb of Sydney in Australia
- Chip tuning a car's ECU system
- Installing a modchip into a game console
- Using a woodchipper
- Being a chipper (tobacco), or other occasional drugs user
- A method of propagating plant bulbs, linked to twin-scaling
- The process of inserting a microchip implant (animal)
- Chipping (rock climbing)
|Look up chipping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chipping.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.