|suburb of Bokaro Steel City|
Sri Sri Kalika Maharani Temple at Kalika Vihar at Chira Chas Bokaro
|• Body||Chas Municipal Corporation|
|Elevation||210 m (690 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Chira Chas, part of Chas municipality in the state of Jharkhand, India is a suburb of Bokaro Steel City and Chas. It is included in the urban area of Bokaro Steel City. Chira Chas is notable for its real estate boom, with many housing projects and integrated townships being built within its scenic environs. Due to close proximity to Bokaro, coupled with an increase in spending capacity of citizens, real estate prices in Chira Chas have gradually increased since 2001.
Chira Chas was once a desolate and poor cousin of its populous counterpart Chas. The mid-nineties saw development of the suburbs first housing societies. From scattered hamlets to the integrated and modern townships being built today, Chira Chas has come a long way. Chira Chas has seen the development of 10-15 colonies and mini townships over the last few years.
More than 50 thousand citizens reside at Chira Chas, living in multitude of completed apartments and bungalow. Demographic is essentially composed of retired BSL employees, their families and indigenous population composed of villagers. Due to a booming population, the area has seen a study influx of shopping supermarkets, retail outlets and educational establishments. Proximity to Bokaro Steel City, better quality of life, absolute ownership over residential dwellings are few of the reasons for the increasing population at Chira Chas. Thanks to inherently diverse nature of Bokaro's urban populace, Chira Chas residents hail from different states and regions, epitomizing unity in diversity.
Things to see
- Sri Sri Kalika Maharani Temple - Situated at Kalika Vihar ( at Ashiyana garden, phase 3), this 90 feet tall temple, devoted to Devi Kali Ma, (also known as 'Sri Sri Karunandomayee Maa') is an architectural marvel, in the shape of a flower, with petals forming entrances. This temple is also known as Sri Sri Karunamayee Temple.
- Old Shiva Mandir - Located at the outskirts of Chira Chas  .
- Nature Trail - Chira Chas is characterized by its beautiful country side and miles of meandering 'kuccha' roads, known as 'nature trail'.
Several prominent educational institutions and public schools are located at Chira Chas. Apart from established schools such as Kid Zee play school, Saint Paul Academy, Rainbow Public school, College of Management & Computer Education (CMCE - Bokaro) caters to graduate and post graduate education. Established in 1995, CMCE offers BBA, BCA degrees and 100% FREE Skill Development Courses in Computer, Soft Skills, Management, etc. under DGET, Govt. of India Project.
Prominent Housing Projects
Prominent housing projects (in alphabetical order) include:
- Aashiyan Estate Projects - Completed housing colonies include Janakpuri Apartments, Engineers Enclave, Parmanand Nagram, Radhika Tower and Devki Tower. Upcoming projects include Shri Janki, Shri Ram & Shri Laxman Tower and various duplex Bungalow.
- Kunj Vihar housing phases - Various townships in Kunj Vihar phase 1 and 2.
- Vastu Vihar A Biggest Townships - Vastu Vihar phases 1, 2, 3 and 4 consisted of Simplex, Triplex (Triveni), Jayanti, Katyayani Duplex Bunglows, apart from 2 BHK flats.
How to get there
- Bridge behind Bokaro Hotel - A 78 meter bridge, behind Bokaro Hotel which connects Chira Chas with Sector 5D, Bokaro. This bridge can be used by all vehicles such as LMVs, two wheelers and rickshaws, except heavy vehicles such as trucks, dumpers and buses.
- New Bridge at Sector 6 Chhath Ghat - A new two lane 100 meter bridge, being built alongside the old sector 6 B bridge at the Chhath ghat. This bridge would connect sector 6 to Chira chas through a 15-20 meter road in near future.
Places in the vicinity
- City Centre, Bokaro - Chira Chas is a mere 2.7 kilometers from City Centre, Bokaro and upcoming Bokaro Mall
- St. Xavier's School - 1.5 kilometers from Chira Chas.
- Sree Ayyappa Public School - Within 1 kilometer.
- Aaiyappa Mandir - 700 meters from Chira Chas.
- Shashank Shekhar,The Telegraph (8 February 2010). "Telegraph Story on Bokaro,Chira Chas Real Estate Boom". The Telegraph (Kolkata). Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- "Chira Chas". Wikimapia. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- Prabhat Khabar (20 April 2013). "Prabhat Khabar Story on population figure". Prabhat Khabar Website. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Prabhat Khabar (26 April 2013). "Demographic diversity at Chira Chas". Prabhat Khabar Website. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Old Shiva Temple". Wikimapia. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- Prabhat Khabar (17 May 2013). "Chira Chas emerging as a hub for technical and management education". Prabhat Khabar Website. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- Aashiyan Estate (25 March 2012). "Aashiyan Estate". Aashiyan Estate Website. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Kunj Vihar Associates (25 March 2012). "Kunj Vihar". Kunj Vihar Website. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Vastu Vihar (25 March 2012). "Vastu Vihar". Vastu Vihar Website. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Shashank Shekhar,The Telegraph (19 June 2009). "Telegraph Article about Bokaro Mall". The Telegraph (Kolkata). Retrieved 25 March 2012.
Township in bokaro Bokaro's Biggest Township Developer Vastu Vihar
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chira Chas.|