|Grid reference||TR 224 679|
|Base storeys||Low base of only a few courses|
|Number of sails||Four|
|Type of sails||Spring sails|
|Fantail blades||Six blades|
|Number of pairs of millstones||Three pairs|
The earliest record of a mill at Chislet is from 1666. Chislet windmill was built in 1744. It was marked on Murdoch Mackenzie's map of 1774 and the 1819-43 Ordnance Survey map and subsequent maps. The mill was working until 1916, when the cap and sails blew off in a gale, it is said that the fantail was tied up by the tenant of the Mill House and thus was unable to turn the mill into wind, thus leading to the mill being tailwinded. During the Second World War, Barnes Wallis lived in the Mill House, and watched the tests of the bouncing bomb at nearby Reculver from the top of the mill. The corrugated iron clad tower of the mill, with a simple roof over and retaining its major machinery stood until 15 October 2005 when it was destroyed by fire.
In 2011, a replica mill was built on the site of the old mill as part of a new house.
Chislet windmill was a three storey black smock mill on a low brick base, with four spring sails. The mill was winded by a fantail. The mill drove three pairs of millstones. The Wallower, Upright Shaft, Great Spur Wheel and two of the three Stone Nuts were wood, the third Stone Nut was iron.
- Anthony May 1765-89
- M May 1795
- Henry Collard 1847
- Jonathan Packer 1862
- John Wootton 1878
- Thomas Wooton
- John Walter Wooton - 1918
- "CHISLET WINDMILL, BROOK LANE, HERNE BAY, CANTERBURY, KENT". English Heritage. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- "Windmill collapses following fire". BBC News Online. 16 October 2005. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- The Times, 20 October 2005
- Holman, Geoff (2010). "Windmills". Cant Post (Kent Mills Society) (1): p11.
- West, Jenny (1973). The Windmills of Kent. London: Charles Skilton Ltd. pp. p35–36. ISBN 0-284-98534-1.
- Coles Finch, William (1933). Watermills and Windmills. London: C W Daniel Company. pp. p187.
- Heath, Victoria (24 August 2011). "New Windmill for Kent". Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "Directory of Kent Mill People". The Mills Archive Trust. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- Windmill World page on the mill.