||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2013)|
|Motto||Explore Your Potential|
|Chancellor||Dr. Ashok Chitkara|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Madhu Chitkara (Punjab), Dr. Vijay Shrivastava (H.P.)|
|Students||10000 in all programs|
|Location||HIMUDA Education Hub, Atal Nagar at Kallujhanda on Pinjore-Barotiwala National Highway (NH-21A)-174, 103, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, India|
|Colours||Red and White|
Chitkara University is a non profit private university in India with its campus in Punjab and Himachal Pradesh, India. Chitkara University is a UGC recognized university with the right to confer degrees as per the sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956. The university offers full courses in undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology, Management, Hospitality, Hotel Administration Architecture, Pharmacy, Mass Communication & Journalism, Architecture, Pharmacy, and Teacher Training. The university has over 10,000 students and more than 600 tenured faculty members 
- 1 History
- 2 Campus
- 3 Affiliations
- 4 Institutions
- 5 Educational Programs
- 5.1 Undergraduate Programs
- 5.2 Postgraduate Programs
- 6 International Affairs
- 7 Students Chapters and Societies on Campus
- 8 Cultural, Technical & Sports Events
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Chitkara University was founded by Dr Ashok K Chitkara in the year 2008. The university comes under the establishment of Chitkara Educational Trust based in Chandigarh, founded by Dr Ashok K Chitkara and Dr Madhu Chitkara in the year 1998 with the mission to pursue excellence in all the fields of education, and to hold on to high academic standards.
Chitkara University - Punjab
Chitkara Educational Trust established its first campus in Punjab in the year 2002 under the name of Chitakara Institute of Engineering and Technology (CIET). The campus is spread over 50 acres located 30 kilometers from Chandigarh on the Chandigarh-Patiala National Highway. The campus is equidistant from Mohali, Ambala, Panchkula and Patiala. Chitkara University, Punjab is a government-recognized university with the right to confer degrees as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956. In 2010 Chitkara University was documented by the Punjab State Legislature under the “The Chitkara University Act”. The campus has more than 5000 full-time students and over 250 tenured faculty.
Chitkara University- Himachal
Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh was established in the year 2008 by the Himachal Pradesh State Legislature under the “Chitkara University Act”. It is a government-recognized university, is included in the list of universities maintained by the University Grants Commission, and has the right to confer degrees as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Chitkara University and its constituent institutions are recognized by University Grant Commission and other apex bodies and have all the required memberships and accredits of various national and international bodies and associations for the various programs it offers. The University has the following approvals and recognitions: • University Grant Commission (UGC) • Council Of Architecture (COA) • Pharmacy Council Of India (PCI) • National Council For Teacher Education (NCTE) • Indian Nursing Council (INC) • National Council For Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT)
The Chitkara University offers the courses in wide variety of subjects and concentrations. Following is the list of programmes covered under the university’s in depth courses.
- Engineering & Technology
- Chitkara Business School
- Marketing & Finance
- Planning and Architecture
- Mass Communication
- Media & Journalism
- Health Sciences
- Education for Women
- Hotel management & catering
Engineering & Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering 
- Electronics & Communication Engineering 
- Mechanical Engineering 
- Automotive Engineering 
- 3-Year Bachelor of Computer Applications 
- 5-Year Integrated BCA-MCA
Hospitality & Hotel Management
- 3-Year B.Sc (Hospitality and Hotel Management)
- 3- Year B.Sc Hotel Management & Catering 
Business & Accounting
- 3-Year Bachelor of Business Administration
- 3-Year Bachelor of Commerce 
- 3-Year B.Sc (Allied Healthcare)
- 4-Year B.Sc Nursing 
- 4-Year B.Sc. Optometry
Journalism & Mass Communication
- 3-Year BJMC 
- 4-Year B. Pharm. 
Planning and Architecture
- 5-Year B. Arch.
- 1-Year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) 
- 2-Year Elementary Teacher Training (EET)
Business School & IT
- 2-Year MBA Marketing
- 2-Year MBA Finance & Banking
- 2-Year MBA In Human Resource Management With ManpowerGroup
- 2-Year MBA Healthcare Management in collaboration with Fortis Healthcare
- 3-Year Master of Computer Applications (MCA) 
- 2-Year M.Sc (Optometry) In Collaboration With Sankara Eyecare
Journalism & Mass Communication
2-Year Master in Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC) 
- 2-Year Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharma) 
- M. Pharm (Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Technology)
- M. Pharm (Pharmacology)
- M. Pharm (Clinical Research and Clinical Pharmacology)
Chitkara University has partnership and tie-ups with education providers across the world from countries like Australia, Brazil, Canada,China, France, Germany, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, U.S.A, U.K . In U.S.A Chitkara University has tie-ups with Central Michigan University, University of Florida, Purdue University, San Diego State University, University of Massachusetts, Lowell. In U.K Chitkara has tie-up with Glasgow Caledonian University. In Canada the university is associated with George Brown College, Concordia University, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), Vancouver Island University. In Australia, the university has tie-ups with Deakin University, Edith Cowan University, Flinders University. The University has the following programs for student in association with the foreign universities: 1) Dual Degree Program - wherein the students have the option to do one year of study in Chitkara University & one year in the Partner University earning a PG degree and an additional PG degree in the respective course from the Partner University. 2) Articulate Twinning Programs – provides potential Foreign Universities for students interested in twinning programs (such as 2+2 BE/B.Tech/BS and 1+1 MS/Master/PG degree programs) with Member Institutions and aid in comparing curricula of the respective institutions. Chitkara University is also the member of Indo-US Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE).
Students Chapters and Societies on Campus
- Association internationale des étudiants en sciences économiques et commerciales (AIESEC)
- Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IEI)
- Society of Automotive Engineers India (SAE INDIA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers ((ASME)
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Bits & Bytes
Cultural, Technical & Sports Events
Chitkara University holds a lot of cultural technical and sports event annually for students to their creative and extra curricular aspects in both of its campuses. Algorythm and Techlone takes place in Chitkara University, Himachal Campus and Explore and Praudyogikii are held every year at Chitkara University, Punjab Campus. C Champ and Gameeks are the technical events that test students' skills in coding and programming. T-20 Cup and University Sports Meet are the sports event that are organized by the University in the campus. Following is the list of events that are integral part of the University’s Campus curriculum:
- T-20 Cup
- University Sports Meet
- Quest ions
- Chitkara Mandi
- Annual Convocation
- "Chitkara University".
- "Chitkara Educational Trust".
- "Chitkara at itimes brands".
- "Chitkara University Himachal Campus".
- "Chitkara Recognition Approvals".
- "Chitkara Business School".
- "Civil Engineering Programs".
- "Computer Science Engineering".
- "Electronics & Communication Engineering".
- "Mechanical Engineering".
- "Automotive Engineering".
- "Bachelor of Computer Applications".
- "Hotel Management & Catering".
- "Bachelor of Commerce".
- "B.Sc Nursing".
- "Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication".
- "Bachelor of Pharmacy".
- "Master of Computer Applications".
- "Master of Pharmacy".
- "International Collaborations".
- "ACM India".
- "Indian Society For Technical Education".
- "The Institution of Engineers (India)".
- "SAE India".
- "American Society of Mechanical Engineers".
- "Computer Society of India".
- "Events at Chitkara".