|Birth name||Alfonso Y. Miranda, Jr.|
|Also known as||Buloy
February 7, 1976 |
|Genres||Rock, comedy rock, hard rock, alternative rock, funk|
|Associated acts||Parokya ni Edgar
Early life and career
Miranda attended grade school and high school at the Ateneo de Manila University where he met Gab Chee Kee, Vinci Montaner, Jeric Estaco, and Mikko Yap. They formed a garage band during their high school years.
The group was known in school to be class clowns. Normally in shows, they would show up in women’s clothing to entertain victims of earthquakes and typhoons and sing off-key in poetry readings.
They eventually landed the role of front act band for the locally well-known Filipino alternative rock band The Eraserheads. Later on, Buwi Meneses and schoolmate Dindin Moreno joined as bassist and drummer, respectively. When they graduated high school, Estaco and Yap decided to leave the group to pursue other interests. Shortly thereafter, Darius Semaña (lead guitar) joined to complete the sextet.
Originally, Parokya ni Edgar was called 'Comic Relief'. However, they decided to change the name in homage to a Noli Me Tangere joke in their student days.
Later on, Parokya ni Edgar performed regularly in Club Dredd, one of the famous clubs in Manila during that time. The band slowly gained popularity during the height of the Filipino rock explosion, with the local rock community opening up to the influence of foreign grunge acts such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.
Eventually, the late managing director of Universal Records, Bella Dy Tan and Alexis Tan signed them as contract artists after witnessing one of their performances at Club Dredd. The band garnered a triple platinum award for their first album Khangkhungkherrnitz.
Miranda good friends with fellow Filipino artists Kamikazee vocalist Jay Contreras, the late rapper Francis Magalona and rapper Gloc-9. Miranda is a member of the Alpha Kappa Rho fraternity in Ateneo de Manila batch 1994. Miranda is also notable amongst the public as a fishing enthusiast. Known to be an avid smoker since high school, Miranda quit smoking after undergoing executive check-up in late 2013.
On August 3, 2013, video snippets of Miranda having a sexual intercourse with Naig and two other women in three different occasions appeared in YouTube.The video snippets with the other two women were taken down on the same day, but the one with Naig became a viral hit that was shared in different blogs and social media sites. On his Twitter account, Miranda said his room was recently robbed. Among those stolen was his hard disk drive, where photo and video files were stored. On Parokya ni Edgar's Facebook page and on Miranda's Instagram page, Miranda expressed his sadness on the leaking of the private video. He also asked for forgiveness from both his and Naig's families. The following month, another graphic clip featuring Miranda and Naig, different from the first video that spread in August, was uploaded on a Facebook page.
With Parokya ni Edgar
- Khangkhungkherrnitz (1996)
- Buruguduystunstugudunstuy (1997)
- Gulong Itlog Gulong (1999)
- Edgar Edgar Musikahan (2002)
- Bigotilyo (2003)
- Halina Sa Parokya (2005)
- Matira Matibay: PG-13 (Singles 1994-2007) (2007)
- Solid (2007)
- Middle-Aged Juvenile Novelty Pop Rockers (2010)
- Bente (2013)
- Chito & Neri (2013)
As a featured artist
- Sutton, Michael. "Biography: Parokya Ni Edgar". AMG. Retrieved 19 May 2010.
- Kaye Abad remains good friends with ex-boyfriend Chito Miranda; aware that he has a new girlfriend | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz
- Policarpio, Allan (December 17, 2014). "Chito Miranda marries Neri Naig twice over the weekend". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved December 18, 2014.
- Kaye Abad speaks up about ex Chito Miranda's relationship with Neri Naig Push.com.ph
- Manila Bulletin
- "Chito Miranda, girlfriend in deep sex scandal". Latest Entertainment News. INQUIRER.net. 2013-08-03. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Chito Miranda cries foul over 'sex scandal'". Entertainment. ABS-CBNNews.com. 2013-08-03. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- Twitter / chitomirandajr: Thanks for all your prayers
- Smith, Chuck (2013-08-03). "Chito Miranda apologizes to family for 'sex video'". Entertainment. philstar.com. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Another Chito-Neri sex scandal video surfaces". Entertainment. ABS-CBN.com. 2013-03-30. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- de Jesus, Jullianne Love (2013-10-01). "Cyberspace abuzz again with new ‘Chito Miranda, Naig’ sex video". Inquirer.net. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- Parokya Ni Edgar's Unlimited Story "Ang Parokya"