Chitra Ganesh (born 1975) is an artist based in Brooklyn, New York.
Ganesh was born in New York, the daughter of Indian immigrant parents. She works in various media including drawing and installation, inspired by topics including South Asian history, myth and legend, poetry, imperialism and queer politics. She has also contributed to publications such as the anthology Juicy Mother 2, a finalist for the Lambda Literary Awards, edited by Jennifer Camper.
She received her MFA in Visual Arts from Columbia University, New York, in 2002.
- Charlie, 2002, MoMA PS1, New York
- East of the Sun West of the Moon, 2004, White Columns, New York
- 1 x 1, 2005, Jersey City Museum, New Jersey
- The Gift: Building a Collection, 2005, Queens Museum of Art, New York
- 739 feet running wall, 2005, Gwangju Contemporary Art Museum, Gwangju, Korea
- Contradictions and Complexities, 2008, d.e.n. contemporary art, Culver City, California
- "The Strangling Power of Dust and Stars", 2011, Gallery Nature Morte, Berlin.