May 5, 1934
|Parents||Panchu Gopal Mandal (father) and Arati Mandal (mother)|
|Relatives||Reshmi Sen (daughter in law) and Riddhi Sen (grandson)|
Chitra Sen is a Bengali actress and dancer. She has worked mainly in theatres but she has also worked in films and televisions. She started her career under Jnyanesh Mukhopadhyay. She has also worked with Rabi Ghosh, In Swapnasandhani, she has worked under her son Kaushik Sen.
Chitra Sen (Chira Mandal) was born on 5 May 1934 in Kolkata. Her father was Panchu Gopal Mandal and mother was Arati Mandal. Sen took Manipuri and Bharatnatyam dancing trainings from Balkrishna Menan and Shakti Nag. She married Shayamal Sen in 1966 who was also an actor and a student of Utpal Dutt. In beginning Chitra Sen worked under Shyamal Sen's direction. Her daughter in law Reshmi Sen is a dancer and actress and her grandson Riddhi Sen, son of Kaushik and Reshmi is also an aspiring actor.
- Joutuk (1958)
- Personal Assistant (1959)
- Kanyadan (1993)
- Unishe April (1994)
- Anu (1999)
- Daaybaddho (2000)
- Cancer (2001)
- Haraner Natjamai (2002)
- Path (2003)
- Je Jon Thake Majhkhane (2006)
- Alakanandar Putra Kanya.
- Jalchabi (with Rangrup theatre group under the direction of Seema Mukhopadhyay)
- Maer Moto (based on a play of Kabita Singh directed by Mohit Chattopadhyay)
- Bhalo Rakkhosher Galpo (with Swapnasandhani)
- 2010 Best actress award from the Government of West Bengal for her role in Jalchabi.
- "Interview with Chitra Sen". Calcutta Tube. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Family Drama". India Today. 14 June 1010. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Chitra Sen biography". Gomolo. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Return of the leading ladies". Telegraph Calcutta. 2 November 2008. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Bengali Theatre Festival". Times City. Retrieved 26 June 2012.