Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
|Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University|
|Established||February 2, 2006|
|Chancellor||President Mohammad Zillur Rahman|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. A S Mahfuzul Bari, DVM, PhD|
|Dean||Prof. DR Md. Masuduzzaman|
|Location||Khulsi, Chittagong, Bangladesh|
The fifth Annual Scientific Conference of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University was held in 2007.
Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC) was upgraded to Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University on February 2, 2006; it consists of one faculty with 300 students providing theoretical, off-campus work-based learning and scientific and technological education.
It was established as Chittagong Government Veterinary College in 1995 under the affiliation of the University of Chittagong.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.): five years including a one-year internship (off-campus work-based learning). The D.V.M. course consists of 25% animal production, 10% social science courses and the remaining is for veterinary disciplines.
- Master of Science (M.S.): three semesters (each semester is six months) but must be completed within five semesters
- Food Science and Technology.
- Bsc in Fisheries (F.o.F)
- Anatomy & Histology
- Animal Science & Nutrition
- Basic and Social Sciences
- Dairy & Poultry Science
- Genetics & Breeding
- Medicine & Surgery
- Pathology & Parasitology
- Physiology, Pharmacology & Biochemistry
- Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology
- Physical & Mathematical Science
- Applied Food science & Nutrition
- Food Processing & engineering
The undergraduate study programme, with a compulsory 40-week internship in different placements which was inaugurated by this university, is a major breakthrough in the veterinary education policy in Bangladesh.
- World Veterinary Association, 5th Annual Scientific Conference of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Theme: Role of Life-Long Learning in Professional Development
- Chittagong Veterinary & Animal Science University - Admission Circular in Bachelor Masters and PhD