|Country of origin||Scotland|
|Variants||12 Year Old, 18 Year Old, 25 year Old|
|Related products||Royal Salute whisky|
Chivas Regal (pron.: / /) is a blended Scotch whisky produced by Chivas Brothers, owned by Pernod Ricard. Chivas Brothers was first established in 1801. The Chivas Regal brand's home is Strathisla Distillery at Keith, Moray in Speyside, Scotland, the oldest operating Highland distillery which was founded in 1786.
Chivas Regal line 
- Chivas Regal 12 Year Old: Blended from whiskies matured for at least 12 years.
- Chivas Regal 18 Year Old: Blended from whiskies matured for at least 18 years.
- Chivas Regal 25 Year Old: Created using whiskies aged at least 25 years; available only in limited quantities with a retail price of c$300.
Chivas Brothers traces its roots to the opening of a grocery store at 13 King St, Aberdeen in 1801. The store sold luxury foodstuffs such as coffee, exotic spices, French brandies, and Caribbean rums to a wealthy clientele. In 1842, Chivas Brothers were retained to supply provisions to the royal family at Balmoral Castle upon Queen Victoria's first visit to Scotland.
In 1843, Chivas Brothers were granted a Royal Warrant to supply goods to Queen Victoria. Chivas Brothers was described in 1890 as 'undoubtedly the finest purveying business in the north of Scotland' by Scotland of Today magazine.
During the 1850s, James Chivas decided to respond to his affluent customers' demands for a smoother whisky, by beginning to blend whiskies to create a proprietary blend to Chivas Brothers. Their first blended Scotch whisky named 'Royal Glen Dee' was launched, followed in the 1860s by their second blended Scotch whisky, 'Royal Strathythan'.
In the early 1900s, Chivas Brothers decided to create their most aged blended Scotch whisky to export to the U.S, where the booming economy after the turn of the century was fueling demand for luxury goods. The whisky was named Chivas Regal.
Chivas Regal was purchased by Seagrams in 1949, which provided a much wider distribution and marketing system.
Chivas Regal was re-launched as Chivas Regal 12 year old in the US following the disruption of both Prohibition and World War II. Chivas became a fashionable brand of the era, and became associated with Frank Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack. Chivas Regal was the Scotch whisky requested by Sinatra, along with other spirits brands backstage at performances, and Chivas sponsored Frank Sinatra's Diamond Jubilee Tour in 1990.
The Chivas Regal range was expanded with the launch of higher aged whiskies, in 1997 with the launch of Chivas Regal 18 year old, and in 2007 with the launch of Chivas Regal 25.
Chivas Regal was acquired by Pernod Ricard.
Strathisla distillery 
The home of Chivas Regal and location of its visitor centre is located at the Strathisla distillery. The distillery was founded in 1786, and is the oldest working distillery in the Highlands of Scotland - Strathisla Distillery, located in Speyside.
The Strathisla distillery is owned by Chivas Brothers, and Strathisla Single Malt is one of the malt whiskies used within the Chivas Regal blend.
Strathisla Single Malts have a natural sweetness and help to define the taste of Chivas Regal.
In 2009, Chivas Regal launched a new global advertising campaign, to run across all continents. 'Live with Chivalry' was created by the Euro RSCG advertising agency. The campaign features TV, press, and outdoor advertising.
Chivas Regal is also featured during the closing of the TV series Boston Legal.
Critical Acclaim 
Chivas Regal whiskies have performed well at international Spirit ratings competitions. In 2012, the San Francisco World Spirits Competition jury--for the second year in a row--awarded its Gold- and Double Gold Medals to the Chivas Regal 18yr- and Chivas Regal 25yr whiskies, respectively.
|Chivas Regal 18yr Gold Signature Blended Scotch Whisky||Gold||Double-Gold||Silver||Double-Gold||Bronze||-||Gold||Gold|
|Chivas Regal 21 yr Royal Salute Blended Scotch Whisky||Silver||Double-Gold||Silver||Silver||Silver||-||Gold||Gold|
|Chivas Regal 25yr Original Blended Scotch Whisky||-||-||-||Double-Gold||-||-||Double-Gold||Double-Gold|
- The Power 100
- Annual Report 2007/8, p.24  and Annual Report 2006/7, p.20 .
- "Chivas Regal Unveils Chivas Regal 25 Year Old As A Tribute To The World's First Luxury Blended Scotch Whisky". Drinks Media Wire. 2007-10-01. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Scotland of Today" Published May 3, 1890
- "A Double Scotch" by F. Paul Pacult. 2005 John Wiley & Sons ISBN 0-471-66271-2
- "Chivas Regal" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- Mervis, Scott (1999-01-08). "Catering company dishes out fine food and gossip in 'Backstage Passes'". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- | Chival Regal Sponsors The Asian Awards
- "Chivas Regal shines at the 2012 San Francisco World Spirits Competition". Winestyle | June 11, 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Chivas Regal". Retrieved 20 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Chivas Regal|
- Chivas Regal
- Strathisla Distillery, home of Chivas Regal
- History of Chivas Regal from Superbrands.com
- Whisky Distilleries
- Strathisla Distillery
- Pernod Ricard Parent Company Homepage
- Proof66.com Chivas Regal 18-Year Summary Page
- Proof66.com Chivas Regal 21-Year Summary Page