Chlotrudis Society for Independent Film
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
The Chlotrudis Society for Independent Film is a Boston-area nonprofit organization that teaches audiences to view films actively through discussion, formal and informal education, discourse, film festivals, special screenings and collaboration. Its focus is on international and independent film. Among the Society's activities are the Chlotrudis Awards, an annual ceremony honoring international and independent film.
Other activities include collaborations and co-presentations with local film festivals such as the Independent Film Festival of Boston, The Boston Jewish Film Festival, The Provincetown International Film Festival, The Boston Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, The Belmont World Film Festival and more. Members also participate in group trips to the Toronto International Film Festival among others.
The organization is Boston-based, but membership is national. All members' basic privilege is to vote for the annual awards.
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Actor
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Actress
- Buried Treasure (from the 9th Awards forward)
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Cast (from the 7th Awards forward)
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Cinematography (beginning at the 4th Awards)
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Director (beginning at the 3rd Awards)
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Documentary (from the 10th Awards forward)
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Film
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Production Design (beginning at the 16th Awards)
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Screenplay (one award from the 4th through the 6th Awards)
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Short Film (from the 7th Awards forward)
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Chlotrudis Award for Best Supporting Actress
- "Here Come the 'Trudies'"; New England Film, March 2007. Retrieved 6-7-09.
- Matchen, Linda, "And the cat on a stick goes to... Chlotrudis is as independent as films it honors"; The Boston Globe, March 15, 2009. Retrieved 4-9-09.
- Chlotrudis Society for Independent Film
- Chlotrudis Society for Independent Film at the Internet Movie Database