|Founder(s)||Ed Katz, Chairman|
|Headquarters||1 Whitehall Street
New York, New York,
|Services||Supply Chain Management|
Choice Logistics is a commercial international shipping company based in the United States, specializing in industrial logistics. Choice’s clients include Avaya, Cisco, Cox Communications, Dell, Dolby Digital, EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, Intuitive Surgical, L-3 Communications, Oce North America, and Quantum Corporation.
Choice Logistics was founded in 1964 as Choice Courier, delivering packages throughout New York City for accountants, lawyers, and other professional firms. As fax machines and electronic mail systems reduced the need for physical delivery of documents, Choice Logistics moved into the delivery of service parts for technology products.
Global logistics infrastructure
Global Logistics Center
Choice Logistic’s Global Logistics Center (GLC) is the hub of the worldwide operation, housing the Call Center, Control Desk, Inventory Control group, and Field Services and Account Services. Choice’s IT system integrates the entire operation to manage its clients' inventory throughout the delivery process.
Regional distribution centers
Choice’s Global Trade Compliance (GTC) group offers international expertise to help clients understand the legal and environmental requirements associated with global commerce.
Primary industries served
- Data Networking
- Data Storage
- Digital cinema
- Medical equipment
- Office Automation
- Point of Sale
- Security and Detection
- Semiconductor Capital Equipment
- Ed Katz, Chairman and Founder
- Michael Katz, CEO
- Mike Beck, Executive Vice President and CFO
- Gary Weiss, Executive Vice President of Global Operations
- Robert Bacchi, Senior Vice President, Information Systems
- John LaHaye, Senior Vice President, Business Development
- Anne Yarmark, Senior Vice President, Human Resources
- Bob Andrews, Vice President, Global Field Operations
- Tracey Leonard, Vice President, Global Trade Solutions
- Doug Magnan, Vice President, Logistics Operations
- Michael Notarangeli, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
- Chuck Robinson, Vice President, Account Services
- Aberdeen Group (industry analyst)
- FedEx (competitor)
- Logistics Management
- Mission Critical
- Spare parts management
- Strategic Service Management
- Fourth party logistics
- UPS (competitor)
- "Choice and Avaya: A Case Study". Choice Logistics. Retrieved 2004-11-30.
- "Hitachi, Choice Logistics Expand Relationship". American Shipper, Howard Publications, Inc. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Choice and Hitachi Data Systems: A Case Study". Choice Logistics. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "The Road to Outsourced Logistics is Full of Surprises". Purchasing.com, Reed Business Information. Retrieved 2010-05-07.
- "Choice Strategic Stocking Location Listing". Choice Logistics. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Choice Regional Distribution Centers". Choice Logistics. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Reforming Export Controls". Purchasing.com. Retrieved 2009-08-03.