|Regional unit:||North Athens|
|Population statistics (as of 2011)|
|- Area:||3.950 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|- Density:||7,808 /km2 (20,222 /sq mi)|
|Time zone:||EET/EEST (UTC+2/3)|
|Elevation (center):||210 m (689 ft)|
|Postal code:||155 61, 155 62|
Cholargos (Greek: Χολαργός) is an affluent suburb of Athens, Greece, located northeast of the city center and about 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) away from Syntagma Square. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Papagou-Cholargos, of which it is the seat and a municipal unit. The main thoroughfare is Mesogeion Avenue, which connects Cholargos with central Athens and the northern beltway Motorway 6.
Cholargos was the name of a deme of ancient Attica. The most prominent citizen of ancient Cholargos was Pericles. Cholargos was part of the community of Chalandri until 1933, when it became a separate community. It became a municipality in 1963.
Cholargos is twinned with:
Government and infrastructure
The headquarters of the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks are in Cholargos.
- Georgios Diamantopoulos (1980-), basketball player
- Alexis Georgoulis (1974-), actor
- Dimitrios Katiakos (1987-), basketball player
- Epameinondas Papantoniou (1990-), basketball player
- Eleni Rantou, actress
- Pericles, son of Xanthippus (495-429 BC), Statesman and athenian general
- Detailed census results 2011 (Greek)
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- EETAA local government changes
- "Contact." Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks. Retrieved on 16 January 2013. "Addr 2, Anastaseos Str and Tsigante, Postal Code 101 91, Holargos (next to metro station "Ethniki Amina")" - Address in Greek: "Διεύθυνση Αναστάσεως 2 και Τσιγάντε, Τ.Κ 101 91, Παπάγου (δίπλα στη στάση του μετρό "Εθνική Άμυνα")"
- Official website (Greek)
||Neo Psychiko||Chalandri||Agia Paraskevi|