|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Stylistic origins||HipHop turntablism DJing Chopped and Screwed|
|Cultural origins||2001–2012, United States Houston, Texas|
|Typical instruments||turntables Vocals – Background vocalists|
|Chopped and Screwed|
|Houston Memphis Jackson Lake Charles Pensacola|
|Southern Hip Hop – Houston|
ChopNotSlop, also known as Chopped Not Slopped, is a blanket term for a subgenre of American turntablism that emerged from another subgenre of hip hop called Chopped and Screwed in Houston. Created by OG Ron C, the co-founder of Swishahouse Records, it is a homage to the late DJ Screw. The Motto of ChopNotSlop is "Keeping DJ Screw alive since 2001" and "Dedicated to the memory of DJ Screw." It is very much related to its predecessor Chopped and Screwed except the pitch is lowered about three times.
Toward the end of the 1990s, there were several DJs working in the subgenre of Chopped and Screwed music, thus giving competition to DJ Screw, who is credited as the originator of the screwed genre. Michael '5000' Watts and OG Ron C were issuing "Swishahouse Remixes," which were screwed versions of songs by Swishahouse artists and other major artists not affiliated with the label. Watts and Ron C also had a very popular mixtape series called "Fuck Action" - R&B songs, chopped and screwed. In 2001, OG Ron C started using the term ChopNotSlop, taking a jab at other DJ's (excluding DJ Screw) for their "sloppy" way of creating mixes under the subgenre. This created some backlash within the Swishahouse camp, which caused Ron C to temporarily minimize the term. In 2005, after OG Ron C left Swishahouse, he created a new entertainment group called Wrecking Yard and signed several artist to the label. At this time, he continued to create mixtapes and again started to use the term ChopNotSlop, which was correctly used at the time, as there were as many as thirty DJ's under the Chopped and Screwed subgenre. Ron C continued to make mixtapes, having done projects with UGK, Drake, Three 6 Mafia, Chamillionaire, Pitbull, and DJ Kay Slay.
ChopNotSlop has been in mainstream media on several occasions. In 2005 Houston rapper Chamillionaire released his multi-platinum album The Sound Of Revenge in which a Chopped and Screwed version was also released with mixes by OG Ron C. To date the ChopNotSlop version has sold over 250,000 copies. In 2010 after meeting OG Ron C in Toronto rapper Drake started giving attention to ChopNotSlop via interviews and Twitter updates. On Sept 19, 2011, Drake announced his second album by tweeting "Take Care, Take Care Birthday Edition, Take Care OG Ron C Edition...10.24.11" Chopstar Dj Mixtapes have also been featured in the LA Times Music Section, as well as The New York Times Music Section. The screwed version of the song "Southern Takeover" by Chamillionaire was played in the background of the warehouse scene on popular NBC show The Office (Season 2. Ep15 Boys and Girls) 
OG Ron C started the Chopstar DJs to help up and coming Chopped and Screwed DJs. He first signed DJ Lil Steve who has been his protégé since 2005. In 2008 he met and brought on DJ Candlestick. In 2009 he added DJ Hollygrove and DJ Chose, a well known College and Texas Club Scene DJ/producer/artist. DJ Chose is a member of the group Brook Gang Music that OG Ron C also manages. In 2009 he hooked back up with his old Swishahouse right-hand-man Michael '5000' Watts and released "The Return Of The Realest." OG Ron C is currently releasing new mixtapes via his site Chopnotslop.com. He has stated that he wants to keep DJ Screw's legacy alive by offering his own brand of audio intoxication and "keepin boys Chopped Up, Not Slopped Up."
- OG Ron C
- DJ Lil Steve
- DJ Candlestick
- DJ Hollygrove
- DJ Mankind
- DJ Rucker
- DJ Slim K
- DJ Blurray
- DJ Whut It Dew
- DJ Ryan Wolf
- DJ DA (Moscow, Russia)
- DJ Sy Milli
- Mike G
- DJ Baby Chino
- Chopstar Jimmy
- Chopstar Max Dolla
ChopNotSlop Radio is an online radio station that was created in 2008. It boasts as the "Worlds First Chopped and Screwed Radio Station" which is dedicated to keeping DJ Screw Music alive. The current broadcast format is block programming which features current mixtapes done by Chopstar DJs, with one live show on Wednesday afternoon which features DJs Ron C, Candlestick and Hollygrove. The stream can be listened to via Windows Media Player, Itunes or any iDevice. It can also be accessed in OG Ron C F-Action or DJ Hollygrove application for iPhone.
- "The Sound Of Revenge: Screwed & Chopped (Explicit) - OG Ron C Album". Music.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Drake status". Twitter. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- November 30, 2010 (2010-11-30). "Kanye West's 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' chopped and screwed: The full album, slowed down to a crawl - latimes.com". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Kuo, Andrew (2011-12-19). "Charting Drake & ChopCare". The New York Times.
- Kuo, Andrew (2012-09-21). "Charting OG Ron C on Frank Ocean - NYTimes.com". Artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "IMDB Soundtracks:The Office".
- "YouTube:The Office Boys and Girls".
- "OG Ron C and Michael ‘5000’ Watts's The Return Of The Realest –O.G. Ron C & Michael ‘5000’ Watts". Apple. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "F Action - OG Ron C for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-05-19. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "DJ Hollygrove for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2012-10-25.