|Directed by||Anant Thakur|
|Produced by||L. B. Lachman|
|Written by||Aga Jani|
|Music by||Shankar Jaikishan|
|Cinematography||V. N. Reddy|
|Edited by||S. Surya|
|Distributed by||AVM Productions|
|Running time||158 min.|
Chori Chori is a 1956 Hindi film directed by Anant Thakur, with music by Shankar Jaikishan and lyrics by Hasrat Jaipuri and Shailendra. The film is an unofficial remake of the Hollywood movie, It Happened One Night. Bhagwan Dada, Pran, David, and Johnny Walker have character parts. This was the last film of Nargis-Raj Kapoor, with Nargis doing one cameo appearance in the Raj Kapoor starrer Jagte Raho. The music of Chori Chori had popular tracks including "Aaja Sanam", "Yeh raat Bheegi Bheegi" in the voices of Lata Mangeshkar and Manna Dey, "Jahan Mein Jati Hun" by Lata and Manna and "Sawa Lakh ki Lottery," by Mohammad Rafi. The movie would later inspire the unofficial 1991 Hindi re-make Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin directed by Mahesh Bhatt and starring Aamir Khan and Pooja Bhatt. Like 'Chori Chori' it too became a hit.
Kammo lives a very wealthy lifestyle with her widowed multi-millionaire dad, Girhdarilal, who would like her to get married to someone who is not after their wealth. To his dismay, she chooses to marry a pilot named Sumankumar, who is known to womanize and for his greed. When he disapproves, she runs away. He advertises for her safe return and offers to pay Rs.1.25 lakh to the finder.
Four days later, Kammo returns and she is not the same anymore; she is more humble, sober, and respectful. Fully appreciative of this, Girdharilal agrees to her marriage to Sumankumar. Just before the marriage, a man named Sagar approaches them — this visit will change their lives forever.
- Nargis ... Kammo
- Raj Kapoor ... Sagar / Sultana Daku
- Gope ... Seth. Girdharilal
- Master Bhagwan ... Bhagwan
- Pran ... Sumankumar
- David Abraham ... Banwarilal (as David)
- Mukri ... Madarilal (as Muqri)
- Raj Mehra ... Editor
- Indira Bansal ... Shayar's wife
- Amir Banu ... Madarilal's wife (as Ameer Banoo)
- Rajasulochana ... Bhagwan's wife (as Raja Sulochana)
- Neelam ... Girdharilal's Secretary
- Johnny Walker ... Shayar
- Maruti ... Postal Employee
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director - Shankar Jaikishan
|Aaja Sanam||Lata Mangeshkar ; Manna Dey||Hasrat Jaipuri|
|All Line Clear||Mohammed Rafi||Hasrat Jaipuri|
|Jahan Mein Jati Hun||Lata Mangeshkar ; Manna Dey||Shailendra|
|Is Paar Sajan||Lata Mangeshkar||Hasrat Jaipuri|
|Man Bhawan Ke Ghar||Lata Mangeshkar ; Asha Bhosle||Shailendra|
|Panchi Banoon Urti Phiroon||Lata Mangeshkar||Hasrat Jaipuri|
|Rasik Balma||Lata Mangeshkar||Hasrat Jaipuri|
|Sawa Lakh Ki Lottery||Lata Mangeshkar : Mohammed Rafi||Shailendra|
|Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi||Lata Mangeshkar ; Manna Dey||Shailendra|
- "Chori Chori 1956". About Chori Chori. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Desai, Kishwar (2007). Darlinji. India: HarperCollins. p. 142. ISBN 978-81-7223-697-7.
- . p. 143. Missing or empty
- "Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin". Retrieved 24 May 2014.