Chris (Simpsons artist)
|Chris (Simpsons artist)|
|Birth name||Christopher (surname unknown)|
17 July 1983 |
Chris (Simpsons artist) (born July 17 1983) is an anonymous cartoonist known for his comedic and deliberately childlike caricatures and stream-of-consciousness writing. Chris was born in England, where he spent his childhood before moving to Scotland. As a result of this cult following, Chris has been given regular spreads in magazines such as FHM and Front.
Chris's career and style were summarised by FHM as follows: "He's the Internet's Picasso, he lives in Scotland somewhere, no one knows his real name, [and] he does slightly unnerving pictures of famous people". In 2011, Front praised Chris for what they described as his "so-bad-they're-actually-bloody-amazingly-good illustrations".
Chris says that he was first inspired to become an artist when watching The Simpsons at the age of five. He began to draw the characters to pass the time. Chris still caricatures fictional characters such as the cast of The Simpsons, and signs each of his comments with the qualifier "(Simpsons artist)". However, he is also known for caricaturing real people who are currently at the centre of the media's attention, such as Prince William and Kate Middleton at the time of their wedding. Chris incurred controversy in May 2011, when he posted a caricature of Osama bin Laden.
- Chris (Simpsons artist) (17 July 2012). "i am so excited...". Simpsons pictures that I gone and done. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- Kail (22 November 2011). "Chill Interview - Chris (simpsons artist)". DudeGurlz. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Johnson, Darcy (30 June 2011). "Gone and Done". T-Squat. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Casling, Jack (21 February 2012). "In conversation with Chris (Simpsons artist)". One in All. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- Watkins, Gareth (10 May 2012). "Rihanna, Cheryl, Keeley: Chris Simpsons Artist's 100 Sexiest takeover!". FHM. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "The Cover We Nearly Printed!". Front Army. 16 June 2011. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Chima, Joel. "Artist Interview: Chris (Simpsons Artist)". Crack in the Road. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- Poly (9 May 2011). "Artist Spotlight: Chris (Simpsons Artist)". Oh Internet. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "Chris (Simpsons artist) - IG:LU". theIG.LU. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- invernesscityadvertiser (May 2012). "ICA Magazine - Issue 117 - May 2012". whatsoninverness.com. Retrieved 29 May 2012.