December 24, 1973 |
|Alma mater||Drake University|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
Iowa State (GA)
Iowa State (DB)
Iowa State (DB/RC)
San Diego State (DB/RC)
Iowa State (DB/RC)
Ohio State (DC/S)
Ash was born on December 24, 1973. He received his Bachelors Degree from Drake University, where he played safety on the football team. In 2005, Ash received his Masters Degree from Iowa State University. A native of Ottumwa, Iowa, Ash has two children, Tanner and Jacey.
Ash held assistant coaching positions with the Drake Bulldogs, Princeton Tigers, Iowa State Cyclones, and San Diego State Aztecs, before being hired by the Wisconsin Badgers in 2010. In 2012, when then Badgers head coach Brett Bielema was hired at the University of Arkansas, Ash followed, accepting the Defensive Coordinator position with the Razorbacks. In January 2014, Ash was hired as the Co-Defensive Coordinator and Secondary Coach for the Ohio State Buckeyes. Ash has coached in 8 bowl games in his career including the 2000 Insight.com Bowl, 2001 Independence Bowl, 2002 Humanitarian Bowl, 2004 Independence Bowl, 2005 Houston Bowl, 2009 Insight Bowl, 2011 Rose Bowl, and the 2012 Rose Bowl.
- "Chris Ash Bio - San Diego State Official Athletic Site". Goaztecs.cstv.com. 1973-12-24. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Ottumwa native hired to coach at Ohio State » Sports". The Ottumwa Courier. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Chris Ash Bio - UWBadgers.com - The Official Athletic Site of the Wisconsin Badgers". UWBadgers.com. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Buckeyes hire ex-Arkansas and Wisconsin assistant Ash as co-defensive coordinator/safeties". Fox News. 2014-01-23. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Hernandez, Rob (2014-01-15). "College football: Ex-Badgers defensive coordinator Chris Ash leaving Bret Bielema for Urban Meyer : Sports". Host.madison.com. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Pete Thamel (2014-01-14). "Ohio State hires Arkansas' Chris Ash, finalizes deal with Penn State's Larry Johnson - College Football - Pete Thamel - SI.com". Sportsillustrated.cnn.com. Retrieved 2014-03-04.