|This biographical article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2011)|
Chris Bunting is a British comic book writer.
Bunting then went on to spearhead the Mr. T comic series, based on the character of that name in the A-Team television series, which was published by AP Comics, a UK small press publisher. He was instrumental in securing the license and wrote and edited the series. Only two issues were released before the publisher closed however, resulting in Bunting and the comic transferring to another publisher, who printed the final issue in the comic series.
From 2005-2006, Bunting scripted the Action Man comic for Panini Comics UK based on the iconic action figure. Along with the current cast of characters, Bunting also brought back long forgotten characters like villain Anti Freeze, and even showed Action Man’s base for the first time, complete with accessories, weapons and other long forgotten character, Raid.
In February 2008 publisher Mohawk Media released an all-new Mr. T graphic novel. Entitled Mr. T: Limited Advance Edition Graphic Novel it was limited to 4,000 copies. The regular worldwide edition of the Mr. T graphic novel was released in December 2008. Bunting authored both editions. Later that same month, Mohawk Media announced a range of merchandising based on the Mr. T graphic novel. Bunting also acted as Design and Creative Director for both the products and graphic novels.
- Mr. T Celebrates His New Graphic Novel With An Advance Limited Edition (press release), Comic Book Resources, February 21, 2008
- Mr. T: A real black super hero (press release), Mohawk Media, December 15, 2008
- Mr. T teams up with Darth Vader, Barbie and Mickey Mouse! (press release), Mohawk Media, December 19, 2008
- More T, anyone?
- Interview about Mr. T
- June 2005 interview about Mr. T
- Interview with Christopher Bunting about the Mr. T Limited Advance Edition Graphic Novel, Jazma Online, May 24, 2008
- Interview with Christopher Bunting about the Mr. T Limited Advance Edition Graphic Novel, Pop Rock Candy Mountain, April 25, 2008
- Mr. T: An Eighties Icon Returns!, Broken Frontier, May 28, 2008