Christopher Charles Crosby (born September 15, 1977) is the co-founder of Keenspot along with Darren Bleuel and Nathan Stone. He also founded the comic publisher Blatant Comics with Bobby Crosby in 1997. He draws and writes the webcomic Superosity and writes for Sore Thumbs, which Owen Gieni illustrates. He currently resides in Cresbard, SD.
Superosity is a daily comic strip by Crosby. It was the first comic ever to be hosted by Keenspot. The comic focuses on the adventure-filled life of an idiot who wears a cape for no apparent reason (Chris), his perpetually angry teenage brother (Bobby), a sentient board (Boardy), and their friends. The Sunday comic usually focuses on the fantastical imaginations of Chris's pets, Giz (a dog) and Mask (a cat).
Superosity launched on March 1, 1999. It has an archive of over 4,000 strips to date. Seven issues of a Superosity print comic book were published from 2001–2002 and distributed by Diamond Comic Distributors to comic book stores. It featured guest artwork by creators such as Jeffrey J. Rowland (Overcompensating) and John Allison (Scary Go Round). Superosity has also been published in newspapers, most notably The Turlock Journal of Turlock, CA.
On July 21, 2006 at Comic-Con International during Keenspot's 6th annual panel discussion, it was announced that an animated TV series called Angelipups would be produced based on the in-strip show by that name. Comics Buyer's Guide positively reviewed the first two issues of the Superosity comic book in late 2001 and Superosity was nominated for "Best Superhero Comic" in the 2002 Web Cartoonist's Choice Awards.
Sore Thumbs is a Keenspot comic drawn by Owen Gieni and written by Chris Crosby, which started on March 8, 2004. It updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- "Keenspot Executives". Keenspot.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Meadows, Christ (2004-08-26). "Webcomics publisher finds "Keen Spot" in South Dakota". That's All I've Got to Say. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Campbell, T. (February 2004). "The History of Online Comics (Part 5)". COMIXTALK. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "SUPEROSITY Archives: Day by Day". Superosity.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "SUPEROSITY: Calendar". Superosity.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Pahula, Kari. "Superosity". Piperka. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "Keenspot Comics Page". Keenspot.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Crosby, Chris (2006-07-22). "Keenspot Comic-Con 2006 Announcements: YIRMUMAH!, DARKEN, SORCERY 101 join! Fall Marketing Plans! SUPEROSITY TV Show (sorta)!". COMIXTALK. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Horton, Steve. "Series Spotlight: Superosity #1-2". Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "2002 Winners and Nominees". The 2002 Cartoonist's Choice Awards. 2002. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Chris Crosby Dot Com (official website)
- Superosity (official website)
- Sore Thumbs (official website)
- Keenspot Pressbox: collection of notable magazine and newspaper articles dating back to 2000 featuring Chris Crosby and Keenspot (includes Comics Buyer's Guide, Editor and Publisher, San Francisco Chronicle, Chicago Tribune, Detroit Free Press, and Daily Variety)
- "Nice Things Said About Superosity": Collection of positive quotes about Crosby's long-running comic strip Superosity by many notable individuals including Tatsuya Ishida (Sinfest), Tycho & Gabe (Penny Arcade), Drew McWeeny (Ain't It Cool News), Scott Kurtz (PvP), and Steve Wozniak (co-founder of Apple Inc.)
- Chris Crosby's IMDB Listing
|This profile of a webcomics creator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This profile of a comics writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|