||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: parts of the article violates policies. (October 2014)|
|Born||Christopher Charles Cuomo
August 9, 1970
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Cristina Greeven Cuomo (2001–present)|
|Children||Mario, Bella, Carolina Regina|
|Parents||Matilda Raffa Cuomo,
|Relatives||Margaret, Andrew, Maria Cuomo Cole, Madeline|
Christopher Charles "Chris" Cuomo (born August 9, 1970) is a television journalist, currently at CNN. He previously was the ABC News chief law and justice correspondent, and co-anchor for ABC's 20/20. He is the son of former New York Governor Mario Cuomo and the brother of current New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Early life and education
Cuomo was born in the New York City borough of Queens. He attended The Albany Academy, received his undergraduate degree from Yale University, and his Juris Doctor from Fordham University and is a licensed attorney.
CNBC, MSNBC, and CNN
Cuomo was a correspondent for the Fox News Channel and Fox Broadcast Network's Fox Files, where he covered a wide range of stories focusing on controversial social issues. He also served as a political policy analyst for Fox News Channel.
As co-anchor of 20/20, Cuomo's most recent long-form coverage includes a groundbreaking look at heroin addiction. His year-long coverage revealed the unprecedented problem of heroin addiction attacking suburban families. Other recent work has tackled major the Haiti earthquake, child custody, bullying, and homeless teens. Policy change has come after Cuomo's undercover look at for-profit school recruiters, leading to an industry clean-up; and Cuomo's tip from a BMW owner led to a recall of over 150,000 affected models.
Good Morning America
From September 2006 to December 2009, Cuomo was the news anchor for Good Morning America. Cuomo was the primary reporter on breaking news stories, both at home and around the world, including dozens of assignments in some 10 countries. He covered the war on terrorism, embedded on multiple occasions in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq (where his convoy was hit by an IED). At home, he covered shootings such as Virginia Tech, Ft. Hood, and the Pennsylvania Amish school shootings; hurricanes Katrina and Rita; as well as the Sago Mine collapse, and the Minneapolis bridge collapse in August 2007. Often Cuomo would anchor morning and evening coverage.
Cuomo on the Case website
The Real Deal and Focus on Faith
Cuomo had two weekly digital programs on ABC News, The Real Deal and Focus on Faith, which discussed matters of spirituality. He also appeared with Father Edward Beck on ABC News Now, the network's 24-hour digital outlet.
Piers Morgan Tonight
In February 2013, Cuomo moved to CNN to co-host its morning show. He made his debut on CNN as field anchor on the February 8, 2013, episode of Piers Morgan Tonight, covering the February 2013 nor'easter.
Cuomo has received multiple Emmy Award nominations. Notably, Cuomo's Good Morning America profile of the 12-year-old poet, Mattie Stepanek, was recognized with a News Emmy, making Cuomo one of the youngest correspondents to receive a News Emmy in network news history.
Cuomo has been awarded Polk and Peabody Awards for team coverage. His work has been singled out in the areas of breaking news, business news, and legal news, with the Edward R. Murrow Award for breaking news coverage, a Loeb Award for business reporting, and the American Bar Association Silver Gavel Award for investigating juvenile justice.
Cuomo is an admirer of journalist Dan Rather and publicly defended him after CBS fired him in wake of the Killian documents controversy of 2004. Of Rather, Cuomo cajoled on Twitter, June 12, 2014, "There are those who create the standard and others who follow it. Dan Rather is the former; I am the latter!"
- Anchors & reporters: Chris Cuomo, CNN, Atlanta, GA: Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., 2013, Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Christopher Cuomo: Biography, Speakers Access, 2013, Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Chris Cuomo: I'm moving to CNN!". TMZ: EHM Productions, Inc. January 29, 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Tuma, Debbie; Becker, Maki (November 25, 2001). Mario's youngest son weds. New York Daily News. New York, NY: New York Daily News.
- Judge: ABC's '20/20,' Chris Cuomo likely to lose libel lawsuit (exclusive), The Hollywood Reporter, 7 March 2013, Gardner, E., Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Chris Cuomo's biography, ABC News, 2014, Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Shea, Danny (April 5, 2010). "Chris Cuomo, Cristina Greeven Cuomo Welcome Baby Girl Carolina". The Huffington Post. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Chris Cuomo debuts on CNN, field anchors amidst blizzard: "It's truly an honor to join the CNN team", CNN, Atlanta, GA: Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., 8 February 2013, Retrieved 1 February 2014.