Douglas-Roberts on the Bucks
|No. 55 – Charlotte Bobcats|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
January 8, 1987 |
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Cass Technical (Detroit, Michigan)
Northwestern (Detroit, Michigan)
|NBA draft||2008 / Round: 2 / Pick: 40th overall|
|Selected by the New Jersey Nets|
|Pro playing career||2008–present|
|2008–2010||New Jersey Nets|
|2011–2012||Virtus Bologna (Italy)|
|2012||Texas Legends (D-League)|
|2013||Texas Legends (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Chris Douglas-Roberts (born January 8, 1987) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Charlotte Bobcats of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball at the University of Memphis.
Douglas-Roberts played high school basketball at Cass Technical High School and Northwestern High School. He played for Cass Tech in 2003 and 2004 averaging 28 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. After the 2004 season he transferred to Northwestern where he saw limited time due to transfer rules and didn't join the team until the second semester. He finished the season averaging 13.8 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
Coming out of high school, Douglas-Roberts was considered one of the best prospects available. He eventually chose the University of Memphis. During his freshman season he played in 34 games starting 25. He finished the season averaging 8.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game. Because of his great play he was on the Conference USA All-Freshman Team. During his sophomore season he started all 35 games he played in. He led the Tigers with 15.4 points per game and received many honors including All-Conference USA first team and Associated Press All-America honorable mention among others. During his junior year, he helped the Tigers reach the 2008 NCAA Tournament, averaging 23.3 points over six games as the Tigers finished in second place, losing in the National Championship game to the Kansas Jayhawks 75–68 in overtime. In the last 1:15 of regulation in the game, Douglas-Roberts became a key factor in the team's loss, by missing a jump shot and three free throws, which helped allow Kansas to tie the game. At the end of the season he earned first-team All-American honors.
On April 18, 2008, Douglas-Roberts announced that he would be declaring for the 2008 NBA Draft. He was selected by the New Jersey Nets with the 40th overall pick. On July 9, 2008, he signed his first professional contract with the New Jersey Nets.
Back to NBA
On October 1, 2012, Douglas-Roberts signed with the Los Angeles Lakers. However, he was waived by the Lakers on October 22. On October 27, Douglas-Roberts signed with the Dallas Mavericks along with center Melvin Ely. He and Ely were waived the next day. On November 1, 2012, he was acquired by the Texas Legends of the NBA D-League.
In November 2013, he was re-acquired by the Texas Legends.
Douglas-Roberts has multiple tattoos on his neck and arms. One on the side of his neck is of his mother, one on the back of his neck has his initials (CDR), and one on his arm has verses 1–3 of Psalm 37 from the Bible. He taps the arm tattoo three times before shooting a free throw.
On November 5, 2009, Douglas-Roberts was diagnosed with the swine flu. He recovered and return to practice on November 12, 2009.
Douglas-Roberts suffered a retina tear in his eye during the 2010–11 pre-season. He began wearing protective eyewear after the surgery.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Douglas-Roberts joins Memphis teammate Rose in entering the NBA draft
- Bucks Acquire Douglas-Roberts in Trade with Nets
- Virtus Bologna announces Chris Douglas-Roberts
- Lakers Sign Chris Douglas-Roberts
- Lakers Waive Chris Douglas-Roberts and Greg Somogyi
- Dallas Mavericks sign Chris Douglas-Roberts and Melvin Ely
- Dallas Mavericks waive Chris Douglas-Roberts and Melvin Ely
- Full List of 2012 Returning, Affiliate and Local Tryout Players Invited to NBA D-League Training Camps
- "Chris Douglas-Roberts Signs with Dallas Mavericks, Becomes Year's Fifth GATORADE Call-Up". NBA.com. December 23, 2012. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Mavericks waive Chris Douglas-Roberts". InsideHoops.com. January 6, 2013. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Mavs request waivers on Douglas-Roberts". NBA.com. January 6, 2013. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- Lakers 2013 Summer League Roster
- Knicks sign Chris Douglas-Roberts, waive Justin Brownlee
- Knicks waive Ike Diogu, C.J. Leslie, Josh Powell, Jeremy Tyler, Chris Douglas-Roberts
- Legends Complete Three Trades, Finalize Training Camp Roster
- Cats Sign Douglas-Roberts, Waive Southerland
- Memphis one win from national championship, one loss too many from greatness
- Eye injury keeps Bucks' Douglas-Roberts off the court