March 3, 1994 |
Winnipeg, MB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Evansville Icemen (ECHL)
|NHL Draft||76th overall, 2012
Chris Driedger (born May 18, 1994) is a Canadian ice hockey goaltender. He is currently playing for the Evansville Icemen in the ECHL. Driedger was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the 3rd round (76th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Driedger played his first season of major junior hockey with the 2010–11 Tri-City Americans, before being acquired by the Calgary Hitmen in an off-season trade prior to the start of the 2011–12 WHL season. In his first season with the Hitmen, his outstanding play was recognized when he was invited to play in the 2012 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game.
Drafted in the third round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Ottawa Senators, Driedger continued to play with the Calgary Hitmen though to the end of the 2013–14 season. During his final season in the WHL, on February 1, 2014, Driedger was the last member of the Calgary Hitmen to play the puck before it was inadvertently put into the empty net of the Kootenay Ice, becoming the sixth goaltender in WHL history, and the first in the Hitmen franchise history, to be credited with scoring a goal. He also became the Hitmen's all-time saves leader, surpassing Martin Jones mark of 3,374 saves. Driedger completed his major junior career with 170 regular-season WHL games played and a win-loss-tie record of 94-46-15 including eight shutouts.
On April 1, 2014, the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL) signed Driedger to a three-year entry-level contract. On March 26, 2015, Driedger made his NHL debut with Ottawa, entering a game against the New York Rangers.
Regular season and playoffs
Awards and honours
|CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game||2011–12|||
- "HITMEN ACQUIRE DRIEDGER FROM AMERICANS". whl.ca.
- Hitmen players heed advice from veteran teammate ahead of CHL/NHL Top Prospects game
- Senators pick Chris Driedger gets WHL’s first goalie goal in 10 seasons (VIDEO) | Buzzing The Net - Yahoo Sports Canada
- Hitmen goaltender Chris Driedger becomes sixth goalie in WHL history to score a goal - OurSports Central - Independent and Minor League Sports News
- Chris Driedger does it all for WHL's Calgary Hitmen | Hitmen | Sports | Calgary Sun
- Chris Driedger owns franchise record for most career saves at 3,390 - OurSports Central - Independent and Minor League Sports News
- Garrett Thompson, Chris Driedger sign with Senators - NHL on CBC Sports - Hockey news, opinion, scores, stats, standings
- The Hitmen Informant: Chris Driedger named to CHL Top Prospects Game