20 May 1952 |
|Known for||Town Clerk of London & Chief Executive of the Corporation of the City of London|
Duffield was born on 20 May 1952, the son of Jack and Irene Duffield. He was educated at St Albans School, a then all-boys independent school in Hertfordshire. He graduated from Newcastle University in 1973 with a Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons).
He has served in local government for nearly 30 years and prior to joining the City of London was the Chief Executive of Bexley Council. He has also previously worked for the GLC, Redbridge and Essex.
Corporation of London
He joined the Corporation by appointment to the Town Clerk and Chief Executive position in September 2003 and has previously worked as the Chief Executive of a London Borough and as the Assistant Director of Finance at the Greater London Council
He is also the Chief Executive of the Police Authority. His responsibility is to oversee all Police Authority staff. He works closely with the Chairman to facilitate efficient and effective police service within the City of London.
Sample duties of the Town Clerk and Chief Executive include, but are not limited to:
- Efficient management and execution of City functions.
- Primary advisor on policy and resources.
- Servicing meetings of the Court of Common Council and designated committees.
- Servicing meetings of the Court of Alderman and designated committees.
- Investigating complaints against the City.
- Electoral Registration Officer.
- Overseer of public relations.
- Overseer of economic development.
- Overseer of human resources.
Duffield is a member of The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).
- "DUFFIELD, Christopher Paul". Who's Who 2012. A & C Black. December 2011.
- http://www.cityandfinancial.com/assets/documents/20071129151831BusinessContinuity2008_WEB.pdf[dead link]
- The Town Clerk and Chief Executive of the City of London Corporation
- City of London Corporation - See: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/LGNL_Services/Council_and_democracy/Council_departments/
- http://www.lgcplus.com/news/features-back-to-the-glc-years/510598.article Only accessible to subscribers
- Officer of Authority for the City of London Corporation.
- City of London - Leading personnel - http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/LGNL_Services/Council_and_democracy/Council_departments/Leading+personnel.htm#townclerk
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Zoom info profile on Chris Duffield.
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Member Chris Duffield "Spreadsheet" article.
- City of London Corporation web site
Tom Christopher Simmons
|Town Clerk of London