|Born||Christopher Andrew Egan
29 June 1984
Christopher Andrew Egan (born 29 June 1984) is an Australian actor. He played Nick Smith in the Australian soap opera Home and Away from 2000 to 2003, and David Shepherd on the NBC television drama Kings.
Life and career
Egan was born in Sydney, Australia. He has appeared in several commercials and did some modelling, but his ability and ambition for acting came out when he performed in the Glen Street productions of Les Misérables and West Side Story. He also appeared in the TV soap Home and Away.
He has also been trained in gymnastics at the KICK Performance Group in Sydney. As well as competing in several eisteddfods at an early age, Egan has been able to use his gymnastics skills extensively in the thriller film Crush.
He moved to Los Angeles in 2003. In 2006, he appeared in the film adaptation of Christopher Paolini's novel Eragon. In 2007, he played a small role in Resident Evil: Extinction, the third movie in the Resident Evil series, where he played Mikey, a member of Claire Redfield's (played by Ali Larter) convoy. In the summer of 2009, he shot the movie Letters to Juliet in Italy, with Amanda Seyfried, Vanessa Redgrave and Gael García Bernal. The movie has gone on to achieve great success and has become Christopher's most popular role.
Egan stars in Dominion, the Syfy supernatural action drama based on characters from the 2010 feature film Legion that starred Paul Bettany. Egan plays Alex Lannen, a rebellious young soldier who discovers he is the unlikely savior of humanity.
- Eragon (2006) – Roran
- Virgin Territory (2007) – Dioneo
- Resident Evil: Extinction (2007) – Mikey
- Crush (2009) – Julian
- Letters to Juliet (2010) – Charlie Wyman
- Home and Away (1988) TV series – Nick Smith (#2) (2000–2003)
- Home and Away: Secrets and the City (2002) (V) – Nick Smith
- Empire (2005) (mini) TV series – Agrippa
- Everwood (2006) (recurring guest star, season 4) – Nick Bennett
- Alpha Male (2006) – Felix Methusulah
- Vanished (2006) – Ben Wilson
- Pretty/Handsome (2008) (TV pilot) – Beckett
- Kings (2009) – David Shepherd
- Dominion (2014) – Alex Lannon
- "Crush". Nexus 6 Productions. Retrieved 27 September 2009.
- Nicholson, Sarah; Downie, Stephen (10 January 2007). "Everybody loves Chris". The Sunday Telegraph. Retrieved 21 January 2007.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Christopher Egan To Star, Alan Dale & Tom Wisdom To Co-Star In Syfy Pilot ‘Dominion’". Deadline.com. Retrieved October 19, 2013.