31 January 1968
Huthwaite, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Caroline Harding (m. 2002)|
Christopher "Chris" Gascoyne (born 31 January 1968) is an English actor, who is best known for playing the character of Peter Barlow in the long-running soap opera Coronation Street, a role that he has played on-and-off since 2000. Gascoyne has been nominated for several accolades at The British Soap Awards for his portrayal of Peter.
Gascoyne trained at the Central School of Speech and Drama. Gascoyne has acted in numerous television dramas, including the 1988 Central Television series for schools, Starting Out. He has also had roles in Between the Lines and as David Jennings in the TV series Murdoch Mysteries ( one appearance ) and Casualty. He appeared as Barry Kent in The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole and as Fusilier Tony Rossi in Soldier Soldier. In 2006, Gascoyne joined the cast of BBC drama New Street Law as Al Ware.
He is best known for his portrayal of Peter Barlow in Coronation Street. Gascoyne played the role from 2000 to 2003 and returned briefly in 2007. In October 2008, it was announced that he would be returning to the soap. Gascoyne took a four-month break from Coronation Street in July 2012 and is leaving at the end of his contract in late 2014.
In 2008, Gascoyne lost his driving licence for 12 months and was fined £500 after he was stopped by traffic officers and was found to be over the legal limit. In May 2010, Gascoyne ran in the Great Manchester Run for the Alzheimer's Society, as his grandmother had suffered from the condition.
Awards and nominations
|2010||British Soap Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|
|2010||British Soap Awards||Best Dramatic Performance||Nominated|
|2011||British Soap Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|||
|2011||All About Soap Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|||
|2012||British Soap Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|||
- "Peter Barlow". ITV. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "5 minutes with... Chris Gascoyne". TalkTalk Group. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Gascoyne, Chris; Andrew Williams (8 May 2010). "Coronation Street's Chris Gascoyne remembers growing up in a family coping with his grandmother's Alzheimer's". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "New Street Law - Characters & Actors". BBC. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Green, Kris (16 December 2008). "Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow, Corrie)". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Millar, Paul (25 May 2012). "'Coronation Street' stars Chris Gascoyne, Alison King to take break". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne admits drink-driving". London Evening Standard. 16 January 2008. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (27 March 2011). "In Full: All About Soap Bubble winners". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|