|Born||20 April 1939
|Died||6 March 2008 (aged 68)
University of Melbourne, CSIRO,
University of Manchester,
University of Sheffield,
Michigan State University,
The Australian National University, Canberra.
|Alma mater||The Australian National University|
|Doctoral advisor||Patrick Alfred Pierce Moran|
Christopher Charles "Chris" Heyde AM (20 April 1939, Sydney – 6 March 2008, Canberra) was a prominent Australian statistician who did leading research in probability, stochastic processes and statistics.
Heyde was a professor at Columbia University, the University of Melbourne, CSIRO, University of Manchester, University of Sheffield, Michigan State University, and The Australian National University, Canberra.
- 1972 - Member of the International Statistical Institute
- 1973 - Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- 1977 - Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science (FAA)
- 1981 - Honorary Life Member of the Statistical Society of Australia Inc. (SSAI)
- 1988 - Awarded the Statistical Society of Australia's Pitman Medal and served as President of the Society
- 1994 - Shared the Australian Academy of Science's Hannan Medal with Peter Hall.
- 1995 - Thomas Ranken Lyle Medal of the Australian Academy of Science.
- 1998 - D.Sc. honoris causa, University of Sydney
- 2003 - Fellow of the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia (FASSA)
- 2003 - Appointed Member of the Order of Australia (AM) "for service to mathematics, particularly through research into statistics and probability, and to the advancement of learning in these disciplines".
- Vice President of the International Statistical Institute
- President of the Bernoulli Society
- Vice President of the Australian Mathematical Society
- Editor of the Australian Journal of Statistics
- Editor of Stochastic Processes and Their Applications (1983–1989)
- Editor-in-chief of Journal of Applied Probability (1990–2008)
- Editor-in-chief of Advances in Applied Probability (1990–2008).
- Joe Gani and Eugene Seneta, Obituary: Christopher Charles Heyde AM, DSc, FAA, FASSA, Journal of Applied Probability, vol 45, pp.587-592 (2008)
- Paul Glasserman and Steven Kou, "A conversation with Chris Heyde", Statistical Science, 2006, vol 21, No. 2, pp 286-298.
- CAP, Center for Applied Probability at Columbia University
- Christopher C. Heyde 1939 - 2008, Department of Statistics, Columbia University
- Awards, Statistical Society of Australia Inc.
- Thomas Ranken Lyle Medal, Australian Academy of Science, retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Heyde, Christopher Charles, AM". It's an Honour. Government of Australia. 26 January 2003. Retrieved 2008-03-17.
- Chris Heyde at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Memoir full transcription from Historical Records of Australian Science, vol.20, no.1, 2009
|This article about a statistician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an Australian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|