September 24, 1987 |
London, Ontario, Canada
|Other names||The Polish Hammer|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg; 11.1 st)|
|Reach||69.5 in (177 cm)|
|Fighting out of||London, Ontario, Canada|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
- 1 Background
- 2 Mixed martial arts career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Championships and accomplishments
- 5 Mixed martial arts record
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Mixed martial arts career
International Fight League
Chris made his debut knocking out Erik Owings at IFL: Championship 2006. He then scored victories over Ed West, Ryan Schultz, Bart Palaszewski, Josh Odom and Shad Lierley. Chris then defeated Bart Palaszewski again that earned him a spot in the finals for the lightweight title.
Chris was originally scheduled to fight Dan Lauzon at Affliction: Day of Reckoning but was denied his license for failing his physical. Chris then suffered from a bulging disc in his neck and has lost about 80% of his strength in his right arm. The fight was rescheduled to the next event, Affliction: Trilogy but the event was canceled.
World Extreme Cagefighting
He made his WEC debut against Anthony Njokuani on December 19, 2009 at WEC 45. Horodecki lost via first round TKO, after Chris´ attempt to create distance by turning his back and running away, his opponent Njokuani caught him with a high kick to the head and followed up with punches on the ground.
Horodecki was expected to face Ed Ratcliff on June 20, 2010 at WEC 49, but just days before the event, Ratcliff pulled out of the event for undiclosed reasons. Horodecki instead faced WEC newcomer Danny Downes and won the fight via submission in the third round.
Bellator Fighting Championships
Chris Horodecki was scheduled to take on Kalvin Hackney in Sarnia, Ontario on October 19, in the Score Fighting Series. Prior to the fight Hackney was injured, and Horodecki instead was matched with Brad Cardinal. Cardinal and Horodecki clashed heads in the first round, causing a severe cut to Horodecki. The doctor stopped the fight after the first round, and the fight was subsequently declared a no contest.
With a lack of Ontario-based MMA events, Chris Horodecki accepted to fight Tim Smith at XFFC 2 in Grande Prairie, Alberta on July 20, 2013. Horodecki will return to the Lightweight division for a XFFC Lightweight Title fight. Horodecki won via arm triangle choke in round one to win the XFFC Lightweight Championship.
Chris will fight in his hometown of London, Ontario against Jason Dent on October 26, 2013 at Provincial Fighting Championship 1. Unfortunately, Jason Dent pulled out of the fight and Frank Caraballo was named as a replacement. Horodecki won via unanimous decision.
World Series of Fighting
Chris was also studying to become a paramedic.
Championships and accomplishments
- Xcessive Force Fighting Championship
- XFFC Lightweight Championship (One time; current)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|27 matches||20 wins||5 losses|
|Loss||20–5–1 (1)||Marlon Sandro||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 119||May 9, 2014||3||5:00||Rama, Ontario Canada|
|Win||20–4–1 (1)||Frank Caraballo||Decision (unanimous)||PFC 1: Unrivaled||October 26, 2013||3||5:00||London, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||19–4–1 (1)||Tim Smith||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||XFFC 2||July 20, 2013||1||2:56||Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada||Won XFFC Lightweight Championship.|
|NC||18–4–1 (1)||Brad Cardinal||NC (accidental head clash)||Score Fighting Series 6||October 19, 2012||1||1:23||Sarnia, Ontario, Canada||Horodecki was cut by head clashing.|
|Loss||18–4–1||Mike Richman||KO (punches)||Bellator 64||April 6, 2012||1||1:23||Windsor, Ontario, Canada|
|Draw||18–3–1||Mike Corey||Draw (majority)||Bellator 57||November 12, 2011||3||5:00||Rama, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||18–3||Chris Saunders||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 47||July 23, 2011||3||5:00||Rama, Ontario, Canada||Bellator Debut.|
|Win||17–3||David Castillo||Submission (rear-naked choke)||MMA 1: The Reckoning||April 2, 2011||1||4:24||Rama, Ontario, Canada|
|Loss||16–3||Donald Cerrone||Submission (triangle choke)||WEC 53||December 16, 2010||2||2:43||Glendale, Arizona, United States|
|Win||16–2||Ed Ratcliff||Decision (split)||WEC 51||September 30, 2010||3||5:00||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Win||15–2||Danny Downes||Submission (rear-naked choke)||WEC 49||June 20, 2010||3||1:09||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Loss||14–2||Anthony Njokuani||TKO (head kick & punches)||WEC 45||December 19, 2009||1||3:33||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||14–1||William Sriyapai||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Ultimate Chaos||June 27, 2009||1||4:02||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Win||13–1||Nate Lamotte||Decision (unanimous)||IFL: East Rutherford||April 4, 2008||3||5:00||East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States|
|Loss||12–1||Ryan Schultz||TKO (punches)||IFL: World Grand Prix||December 29, 2007||1||2:51||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States||For IFL Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||12–0||Bart Palaszewski||Decision (split)||IFL: World Grand Prix||November 3, 2007||3||4:00||Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States||World Grand Prix Semi-Finals.|
|Win||11–0||Shad Lierley||Decision (unanimous)||IFL: Everett||June 1, 2007||3||4:00||Everett, Washington, United States|
|Win||10–0||Josh Odom||Decision (unanimous)||IFL: Los Angeles||March 17, 2007||3||4:00||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Win||9–0||Bart Palaszewski||Decision (split)||IFL: Houston||February 2, 2007||3||4:00||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||8–0||Ryan Schultz||TKO (head kick & punches)||IFL: World Championship Semi-Finals||November 2, 2006||2||0:24||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Win||7–0||Ed West||Decision (unanimous)||IFL: Portland||September 9, 2006||3||4:00||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Win||6–0||Erik Owings||KO (head kick)||IFL: Championship 2006||June 3, 2006||1||4:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||5–0||Mike Bell||TKO (punches)||TKO Major League MMA 25: Confrontation||May 5, 2006||2||2:38||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||4–0||Dave Pariseau||TKO (punches)||TKO 24: Eruption||January 28, 2006||1||2:48||Laval, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||3–0||Dave Goulet||KO (head kick)||TKO 23: Extreme||November 5, 2005||3||Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||2–0||Stephane Laliberte||TKO (punches)||TKO 22: Lionheart||September 30, 2005||2||2:52||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||1–0||Matt McDonald||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UCW 2 - Caged Inferno||June 18, 2005||3||1:21||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
- "CSAC denies Horodecki his license". MMAMania.com. January 21, 2009. Retrieved January 21, 2009.
- "Chris Horodecki signs with WEC, likely to meet Anthony Njokuani at WEC 45". MMAjunkie.com. 2009-10-22. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- "Lightweights Chris Horodecki vs. Ed Ratcliff targeted for WEC 49 in June". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "WEC Scrambles for 155er". topmmanews.com. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "WEC Signs Danny Downes to Fight Chris Horodecki at Sunday’s WEC 49". mmafrenzy.com. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Chris Horodecki meets Ed Ratcliff at WEC 51 in September". mmajunkie.com. 2010-07-21.
- "Donald Cerrone vs. Chris Horodecki slotted for WEC 53 in December". mmajunkie.com. October 21, 2010.
- "Lightweight Chris Horodecki cut from Zuffa roster". mmajunkie.com. December 28, 2010.
- "Canadian Rumour Mill – April Fool’s Day, 2014". TopMMANews.com. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Bellator 119 Full Card Finalized At Casino Rama On Friday, May 9th". TopMMANews.com. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Horodecki Looks To Take Out ‘Hot Boy’ In Sarnia". TopMMANews.com. September 20, 2012.
- "Brad "The Bonesaw" Cardinal To Face Horodecki In New Headline Bout At The Score Fighting Series". TopMMANews.com. October 5, 2012.
- "Score Fighting Series Play-by-Play – Main Event No Contest". TopMMANews.com. October 19, 2012.
- "Horodecki, Smith, Laprise, Boyle to Use Xcessive Force in Grande Prairie". TopMMANews.com. April 22, 2013.
- "PFC 1 fight card - August 27, 2013". TopMMANews.com. August 27, 2013.
- "Provincial Fighting Championships Announces New Main Event and Co-Main Event". TopMMANews.com. October 22, 2013.
- "Canadians Horodecki, Starnes, Hill, and More Fill Up WSOF 7 Card". TopMMANews.com. October 17, 2013.
- "Canadian MMA Rumour Mill - August 18, 2014". TopMMANews.com. August 19, 2014.
- "Chris Horodecki to Face Luis Huete at WSOF 14". TopMMANews.com. September 10, 2014.
- "He's called the Crosby of fighting". SLAM! SPORTS. 2007-11-29. Retrieved 2010-06-17.