September 25, 1964 |
|Genres||Neo-classical metal, heavy metal, speed metal, hard rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Guitar, bass guitar|
|Labels||Relativity Records, JVC|
|Associated acts||Impellitteri, Vice, Animetal USA|
Chris Impellitteri (born September 25, 1964) is the lead guitarist and founder of the heavy metal band Impellitteri. In 2008 Guitarworld Magazine officially named Chris Impellitteri as one of the Fastest Guitarists of all time. Included in the ranking were Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, and Yngwie Malmsteen. In 2003, Guitar One Magazine voted Chris Impellitteri the 2nd fastest guitar shredder of all time followed by Yngwie Malmsteen as the 3rd fastest shredder.
Impellitteri's first music release was a black EP titled Impellitteri. The Black Ep was filled with music featuring shredding guitar solos, screaming vocals, and a fast rhythm section. The Impellitteri Black EP established the band's sound in the metal world. With the second album, Victim of the System, Impellitteri continued his traditional neo-classical metal style, fusing fast technical guitar soloing with classical phrasing.
In 1996 they recorded Screaming Symphony followed by 1997's successful Eye of the Hurricane. In 2000 Impellitteri recorded Crunch, which was their most experimental musically using drum loops and samples.
In 2009 Impellitteri released their new record titled Wicked Maiden.
- Stand in Line (1988)
- Grin and Bear It (1992)
- Answer to the Master (1994)
- Screaming Symphony (1996)
- Eye of the Hurricane (1997)
- Crunch (2000)
- System X (2002)
- Pedal to the Metal (2004)
- Wicked Maiden (2009)
with Animetal USA
- House of Lords - Sahara (1990)
- Various artists - Dragon Attack: A Tribute to Queen (1997)
- Various artists - Randy Rhoads Tribute (2000)
- "50 Fastest Guitarists of All Time". GuitarWorld Magazine. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Fastest Guitar Shredders". Phil Brodie Band. Retrieved 2008-05-29.