Chris Jarvis (presenter)
|Born||Martin Christopher Jarvis
20 April 1970
Romford, Essex, England
|Occupation||Television presenter and actor|
Chris Jarvis (born Martin Christopher Jarvis, 20 April 1970 in Romford, England) is a television actor and presenter who has appeared on BBC television since 1992, apart from 2000–2002 when he was working with ITV and Channel 4.
Chris Jarvis started his entertainment career as a presenter on Radio Orwell in Ipswich hosting a Saturday morning children's show. He also performed in cabaret and at Butlins.
He made his name in the early 1990s on Children's BBC, presenting in The Broom Cupboard alongside Zoë Ball and Josie d'Arby  as well as hosting his own shows like Look Sharp. Chris wrote a lot of material for Children's BBC himself (including the mini soap opera Wood Lane TV) and created several memorable characters including "The Anorak". In 1997, Chris was part of The Friday Zone  (which itself was broadcast on Friday afternoons on BBC One for most of the children's slot) with Debra Stephenson, Peter Simon, Dominic Wood, Steve Rock and Emma Lee. They released a single called "Glasses" as a spin-off from the programme, to raise money for Comic Relief.
Jarvis was one of the original line up of CBeebies presenters, starring alongside Pui Fan Lee, Sidney Sloane and Sue Monroe everyday from 9am - 3pm 'Discover and Do' then in the 'Bedtime Hour' from 6pm on the CBeebies Channel - also on BBC Two in the mornings. He starred in 'Step Inside' as Mr Mopple the storyteller before going on to write/star in Show Me Show Me.
Show Me Show Me, which he co-presents with Pui Fan Lee, is broadcast on CBeebies. The first 40 half hour episodes broadcast on the CBeebies channel, BBC One and BBC Two from Monday 6 July 2009 every weekday at 10am and 1.30pm. Series 5 was filmed on location near Manchester in 2013.
Chris and Pui regularly appear in other CBeebies shows including 'Justin's House' and the annual Christmas shows, in 2012 Chris wrote 'Jack and the Beanstalk' and played Dame Trott.
Since 2010, Chris and Pui have toured the UK with 'The Chris and Pui Roadshow'.
He has been seen playing piano and bell-ringing on Show Me Show Me.
Jarvis has appeared in pantomimes professionally every year since 1995, and prior to that had performed in several as an amateur. Since 2001, he has written and directed many of these pantomimes as well.
- 1995 'Aladdin' Guildford - Bernie Nolan, Clare Buckfield, Jack Douglas, Richard Gibson,
- 1996 'Aladdin' Richmond - Bonnie Langford, Bernard Cribbins, Terrence Hardiman
- 1997 'Jack & the Beanstalk' Bromley - Matthew Kelly, Vicki Michelle, Toyah Willcox, Robert Duncan,
- 1998 'Cinderella' Lewisham - Linda Robson, Femi Oke
- 1999 'Peter Pan' Reading - Derek Griffiths, Hilary O'Neil
- 2000 'Jack & the Beanstalk' Croydon - Kate Ritchie,
- 2001 'Cinderella' Malvern - Marti Webb, Nicholas Smith
- 2002 'Cinderella' Bournemouth - Ruth Madoc, Nicholas Smith
- 2003 'Cinderella' Basingstoke - Sarah Thomas, Michael Knowles
- 2004 'Jack & the Beanstalk' Bournemouth - Chris Ellison, Tom Owen, Jackie Piper
- 2005 'Aladdin' Bournemouth - Ray Meagher, Mark Squires
- 2006 'Snow White' Tunbridge Wells - Carol Harrison, Richard Calkin
- 2007 'Snow White' Basingstoke - Carol Harrison, Tom Owen
- 2008 'Cinderella' Swansea - Su Pollard, Sarah Thomas 
- 2009 'Snow White' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Su Pollard 
- 2010 'Cinderella' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Amanda Barrie.
- 2011 'Jack & the Beanstalk' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Debra Stephenson, Brian Capron, Nick Wilton & Kate Weston 
- 2012 'Sleeping Beauty' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Su Pollard.
- 2013 'Aladdin' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Scott Maslen, Bobby Crush, Nicholas Khan, Jennifer Saayeng, Richard Vincent, Jamie-Lee Mason
- 2014 'Snow White' Richmond Theatre - Jerry Hall
Jarvis has been involved with several televised pantomimes on CBeebies, including 2011's Strictly Cinderella (which he co-wrote, and acted as Baron Hardup), 2010's Aladdin (in which he plays Emperor Sho Mee)  and 2009's Jack & Jill (which he wrote and appeared in a cameo).
He is 5'9" tall.
|The Broom Cupboard"||1993-1997||Himself (presenter)|
|Wood Lane TV"||1995-1997||Actor / Writer|
|Look Sharp||1994-1995 (2 series)||Presenter|
|Playdays||1995-1997 (2 series)||Presenter|
|Fully Booked||1998–2000 (2 series)||Presenter|
|To Me, To You!||1996, 1998||Himself|
|The Friday Zone||1997||Himself (presenter)||CBBC|
|Demon Headmaster Takes Over TV, TheThe Demon Headmaster Takes Over TV||1997||Himself||TV film, played a fictionalised version of himself|
|Demon Headmaster, TheThe Demon Headmaster||1998||Your Wildest Dreams host|
|Mr Wymi||1998||Hacker tracker|
|ChuckleVision Comic Relief Special||1999||Music Mogul|
I- I "Dream Street" I animation 1999-2002 I animation (Characters: Hot Rodney, Amber & Scarlet) I
|Jungle Run||2001–2002||Himself (presenter)|
|Step Inside||2001–2002||Mr Mopple|
|CBeebies||2002–2009||Presenter||Presented links between programmes|
|Planet Cook||2004 (TBC)|
|Underground Ernie||2006-2009||Circle||Voice role|
|Show Me Show Me||2009 – Present||Himself (presenter)|
- BBC - Archive - The CBBC Broom Cupboard - In The Broom Cupboard
- Look Sharp - UKGameshows
- Digital Spy - DS Icon - Chris Jarvis
- YouTube - Glasses
- Saturday Mornings - Summer Replacements
- Chris Jarvis - IMDb
- Arena of the Unwell - reasons to love cbeebies (part one)
- BBC - CBeebies Grown-ups - Show Me Show Me
- Chris Jarvis and Pui Fan Lee - Roadshow so far
- BBC Philharmonic - Saturday 2 April 2011 - BBC Philharmonic Family Concert
- BBC Press Office - Aladdin: Chris Jarvis plays Emperor Sho Mee
- YouTube - Cinderella 08/09 - Swansea Grand Theatre
- Bournemouth Echo - Su Pollard and Chris Jarvis launch Bournemouth panto Tuesday 6 October 2009
- Bournemouth International Centre - Jack and the Beanstalk
- CBeebies Christmas Panto - Strictly Cinderella
- The Guardian TV & Radio
- BBC - Press Office - The CBeebies Christmas Pantomime
- Twitter, 23 Jun 2011
- Twitter, 1 Aug 2011
- Twitter, 3 Jun 2011
- Chris Jarvis at the Internet Movie Database
- The Chris and Pui Roadshow Official site
- Chris Jarvis on Twitter